aquaseal on latex wrist seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So where can I get S-tech rings? Just tried to google it and cant find any reference to s-tech that makes any sense?

thanks
Phil

mania:
Well
I don't know the Aquaseal but here we use a special glue for rubber and latex and it works.
BTW - if you don't have ones - get the S-tech rings - that would allow you to change the wrist seals by yourself
Mania

H2Andy:
thansk knotical... actually, last night i went ahead and applied aquaseal to both
sides of the seal (one side at a time, letting it dry, of course)

looks pretty good
OK, Andy, not trying to give you a hard time here, but, just wondering...

Wrist seals are not very expensive and most of the LDS's carry 'em in stock, and it's not much of a project to replace one, and it does eliminate a probable failure point, so... why not just replace the thing and be done with it?

For safety sake, the only time I would even think about the mickey-mouse repair options is if I was at the dive site, or it was Sunday morning or something.

So what gives?

hehehe

i figured that i'm going to have to replace it soon enough anyway, but it makes
for a nice experiment to see how well the aquaseal works

H2Andy:
hehehe

i figured that i'm going to have to replace it soon enough anyway, but it makes
for a nice experiment to see how well the aquaseal works
Nice. Don't forget to bring a towel! :D

H2Andy:
i've done a few searches on line and here, but there doesn't seem to be
a definitive answer out there. here's the Q:

will Aquaseal work to fix a small tear in a latex wrist seal?

thanks in advance

I'd gotten lazy and left my drygloves on my suit for my last 100 or so dives, but took the rings off for a recent cave trip. Early in the trip, there was a small tear on a split and stress point from the rings, so I used aquaseal and cotol to repair and it worked famously. Lasted entire week of cave diving, as well as my diving in the past 6 weeks. It's definitely on a stress point that gets stretched as I don and doff my suit, but still there and going strong. Heck I might just put off replacing the seal until I send it in for turbosole replacement.

Not sure how it would hold up if the rip had started on the edge of the seal though. {shrug}

bob

Back
Top Bottom