Aquarius sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I was informed that Aquarius (in Monterey on Del Monte, not Aquarius II which is on the Breakwater) has been sold by Bruce to James, who I think has worked there for some six years.

I'm not sure if there are any changes afoot.

- Bill

Had a long conversation w/ Bruce about the place he built in Little Cayman...I can guess where he's going! Best of luck to him, he'll be missed.

All the best, James

Had a long conversation w/ Bruce about the place he built in Little Cayman...I can guess where he's going! Best of luck to him, he'll be missed.

All the best, James
Well, I finally got a chance to go diving at Pt. Lobos with my best dive buddy today for the first time in several years, and it was great. We went out to Beto's Reef and had about 40' of visibility in the vicinity of Seamount. Down deeper at Beto's it was a little less. When we came back in, visibility dropped to around 5' in the cove. I was going to lead her all the way to the boat ramp, but we decided to call it quits a couple hundred feet short. She still had 700 psi...on a HP80! Tuesday we're doing a 4 day live-aboard trip on the Vision down to San Clemente. And yes, Little Cayman is very much in our future this winter. I used to spend up to 8 months a year down there...before we took over the dive shop. After that, our free time just disappeared. The dive shop gig was fun, overall, but I hated the bit about working 7 days a week for up to 11 hours a day, not to mention spending 2-1/2 hours a day commuting to/from Monterey.

Bruce

Good one on you Bruce! If anyone deserves a slice of the good life, it's you.

All the best, James

You'll be missed!

Monterey just won't be the same without the (fairly decent) chance of running into you.

I know you'll have an awesome time on Little Cayman. (If I ever get back there, you may have me knocking on your door.)

Congratulations Bruce, Wesley and James! That's pretty cool. So we all get to come visit you on Little Cayman for free, right?? Ok, just kidding. Have fun you guys. Enjoyed working with you.

Warren

Wow, Bruce, I can't believe this. So how can I get in touh with you if I want to go diving or just talk about diving. hahaha

Wow. Congratulations Bruce. I'm going to miss chatting with you after all my dives. You are a big part of Monterey. You Westly and Cody will be missed. Cayman would be awesome. I'm happy for you guys.

Congrats, Bruce and James! Bruce, I'll miss seeing you at Breakwater and Lobos. However, this place in the cayman sounds great. Let us know all about it!

Back
Top Bottom