Aquari-As*....... (yes that's really the name!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the waters of Lake Ontario or the St
# of dives
200 - 499
As spotted on another message board:

Add a little life to your bathroom with this live aquarium, Aquariass by Oliver Beckert. The fully functioning tank fits American Standard bowls. Custom bowl installation is available. This piece is made to order, so please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery. The Aquariass measures 22" x 14" x 9" deep, 1.6 gpf.(federal standard), 3/8" acrylic tank. Fish and aquarium components sold separately.

More...

That looks like it could get expensive, you gotta replace the fish each time you flush..

(kidding)

Well it would be easy to dispose of the dead goldfish.

sb_diver:
That looks like it could get expensive, you gotta replace the fish each time you flush..

(kidding)

Actually, they're not kidding........ that's exactly what happens.

Now I'm upset, I just found this out this morning. Seems rather like cruelty to me.

On another message board a poster e-mailed the company to ask some questions. They e-mailed him back an online copy if the Aquariass instruction manual. Here's an excerpt:

Just to get serious for a minute, I contacted the US importer of the Aquariass and had him email me a copy of the Owner's Manual (morbid curiosity I suppose).
Here it is in it's entirety:

LANDSEA INCORPORATED
A California Corporation

Lantana, Ca

Congratulations on your purchase of the Aquariass.
This is a high quality product that will gives years of reliable service with modest care.
Please read the following completely before installing the Aquariass.

Installation
Depending on the make and model of your water closet, choose the appropriate and matching sheet of installation instructions. There is a parts check list on each sheet and all the necessary parts should be found in the parts pack in the box.
Follow the step by step installation instructions.
Use the toll-free number on the installation sheet for help if necessary.

Set Up
The Aquariass gravel and weeds are permanently attached to the bottom of the tank. Use care when handling the weeds as they may detach. If either gravel or weeds do become separated from the tank bottom, they can be easily reattached with Dow Corning Silicon Sealant & Adhesive #307 which can be found at most hardware stores.
Once the tank is in position and the water line is attached, open the water valve slowly and let the tank fill to the appropriate level. Follow the instructions provided to adjust the upper level of the water.

Adding the Fish
Appropriate marine specimens can be obtained at any quality pet store or aquarium supply. Only the fish and other marine creatures are discharged when the toilet is in operation. The gravel, weeds or other solid items in the tank are not discharged and do not have to be replaced after each flush. To keep cost to a minimum, it is recommended that you find a source of feeder fish. These are small, inexpensive goldfish that are usually sold as food for other marine creatures and they can be purchased in bulk for pennies each.
If you desire more exotic creatures, simply ensure that the fish will fit through the discharge vent in the bottom of the tank (approximately 3½”).
Free swimming fish are better than bottom dwellers.

Under no circumstances should you put the following specimens in the tank:

· Pufferfish (they will swell up and plug the vent)
· Eels (they may not go completely through the vent and may hold the vent open)
· Sharks, Lionfish, Stonefish, Urchins, Tangs (Surgeonfish) or any similar poisonous or dangerous fishes
· Rays, flounders or other bottom dwellers (they tend to crowd the vent and may prevent it’s opening
· Crabs, lobsters or other slow moving creatures that can jam the vent in an open position
· Snails, octopus, nudibranchs, Sea Cucumbers or other suckers that can climb the tank walls

To reduce the cost of stocking the tank with exotic fish, it is recommended that you do not flush the toilet after every use. Once each day is more than sufficient for most households. The toilet and its contents must be flushed at least once every 3 days or after no more than 10 uses.

Maintenance
Daily flushing provides most of the required maintenance to keep the tank clean and problem free. After a long period, green or brown deposits may appear which can easily be removed by careful use of a soft, long handled brush. Do not disturb any of the normal residents of the toilet while doing this!

Good luck with your Aquariass. Be sure to show it to your friends and neighbors.

Now you know the rest of the story!!

that has to be the UGLIEST toilet ive ever seen and it brings new meaning to ugly. fish are better then that and they shouldnt be placed in a bathroom setting..thats my opinion at least...each time u flush..ur killing a fish...thats terrrible

I think it is hilarious and would require nothing more than some kind of netting over the outlet hole and a guard to prevent fish getting too near to the suction to prevent the loss of fish.

If you want to see animal cruelty involving goldfish, go to a fraternity house during RUSH WEEK and see how many prospects do goldfish shots followed by alcohol shots! :)

i dont even know what to say. half of me wants to laugh and the other half wants to protest. lol.

This is what we call "photoshop" and "strange sense of humor," guys :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom