Aquarena Sunday Oct. 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FooMan and I will be in Hill Country this weekend, so can't pass up the opportunity to take a dive or two at Spring Lake. We're scheduled to volunteer at 11:00 if any of you knotheads will be around that day... (Yes, Shawn, Zinc and John, I'm talking to you.) :D

You're headed the wrong way. We're all going to Oklahoma!

I'll be out there, but it'll be to DM OW checkouts.

I'll be there too, but working as well. I'm sure we'll run into you guys at some point. You bringing any magical jello shots for an after dive party Foo?

FooMan and I will be in Hill Country this weekend, so can't pass up the opportunity to take a dive or two at Spring Lake. We're scheduled to volunteer at 11:00 if any of you knotheads will be around that day... (Yes, Shawn, Zinc and John, I'm talking to you.) :D

Would love to see you guys. Glad to see you in our neck of the woods.

This weekend is my daughters birthday celebration so I won't be around.

Sorry...............:mooner:

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

I'll be there too, but working as well. I'm sure we'll run into you guys at some point. You bringing any magical jello shots for an after dive party Foo?

Hey you! The magical jello shots will have to wait, kinda hard to travel with. (open container laws, you know :wink:) Unless you want to bring some? Hope to see you (and Melissa?) sometime while there, and look forward to meeting Voodoo Reef, if you get the chance to swing by and say hi. I'll be the one that looks like Cindy Crawford, VReef. :blinking: Or maybe not.

Have fun being with your daughter for her birthday, Shawn. Never pass up the opportunity to celebrate with your family.

Heading out to Austin in the next 15 mins... you northerners try to have a good time without us. Wish the dates had worked out differently, but you don't get a 5th degree blackbelt very many times in your life... I'm proud of FooMan, did I mention that?

Sorry we weren't able to stop by and say Hi.
Our class got canceled on Sun, so it ended up being a day off.

Hope we can meet up with y'all soon.

Foo--

How was your Aquarena diving? I haven't been there since March so always eager for Aquarena diving reports :)

Foo--

How was your Aquarena diving? I haven't been there since March so always eager for Aquarena diving reports :)

Thanx for asking, cruiser! It was beautiful weather, wow. We arrived around 10, geared up in the staging area next to the wonderful, warm showers. We entered the water in the training area but- we were bad and attempted to enter without the dreaded yellow dog-iknowsomeonehaspeedinthistoday wetsuits, but we got busted- so we got out, geared down, gingerly put on the cracklingwithsomeoneelse'sfunk skins and reentered the water.

My lucky mask had disappeared, so I was using my daughters mask. We checked out the training area again. and, there are tons of fish in there! I became accustomed to the mask, no leaks- yippee, and we took off to Cream of Wheat, where we stayed over an hour, cleaning the springs and checking things out. I was a little, he was a lot- cold, by the end of the dive. I had on my heavy gloves, hood and 5mm. Fooman wore a doorag instead of hood, and no gloves with his 3mm (perfectly good 7mm Henderson at home.) Sometimes it pays to overpack. The first thing he did when we finished the dive was go take a warm shower, lol.

Didn't see any of the SB folks- looked for Chrispete & Mel, but they weren't anywhere to be found. Must have left early?

Because we had such a long drive ahread of us, and calling in Monday was not an option, we left after doing one dive. Arrived home around 7:00 pm, hauled everything out of the car, put items away, etc... when I opened our "scuba closet," and the first thing I lay my eyes on, is my lucky mask, on the shelf where both FooMan and myself had looked at least 3 times each. I suspect that someone has voodooed me, have there been any Bones Ceremonies lately?

Thanx for asking, cruiser! It was beautiful weather, wow. We arrived around 10, geared up in the staging area next to the wonderful, warm showers. We entered the water in the training area but- we were bad and attempted to enter without the dreaded yellow dog-iknowsomeonehaspeedinthistoday wetsuits, but we got busted- so we got out, geared down, gingerly put on the cracklingwithsomeoneelse'sfunk skins and reentered the water.

My lucky mask had disappeared, so I was using my daughters mask. We checked out the training area again. and, there are tons of fish in there! I became accustomed to the mask, no leaks- yippee, and we took off to Cream of Wheat, where we stayed over an hour, cleaning the springs and checking things out. I was a little, he was a lot- cold, by the end of the dive. I had on my heavy gloves, hood and 5mm. Fooman wore a doorag instead of hood, and no gloves with his 3mm (perfectly good 7mm Henderson at home.) Sometimes it pays to overpack. The first thing he did when we finished the dive was go take a warm shower, lol.

Didn't see any of the SB folks- looked for Chrispete & Mel, but they weren't anywhere to be found. Must have left early?

Because we had such a long drive ahread of us, and calling in Monday was not an option, we left after doing one dive. Arrived home around 7:00 pm, hauled everything out of the car, put items away, etc... when I opened our "scuba closet," and the first thing I lay my eyes on, is my lucky mask, on the shelf where both FooMan and myself had looked at least 3 times each. I suspect that someone has voodooed me, have there been any Bones Ceremonies lately?

Last time I was at cream of wheat we spent the whole dive there. I'd get my arm down in those springs up to my elbow. There was always a fist full of trailing sprigs of coonstail trying to get a foothold deep in the sand.

Glad you had a good time and found your lucky mask at the end of the day. Could some family member have borrowed it and returned it in your absence (hehe)?

Back
Top Bottom