Aquarena Springs this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you a science diver? If so, the dpv is great for Arch, and River Bed. Other sites need a very soft touch if you are using a dpv for cleaning.

I am a Science Diver and really enjoy diving the springs. The DPV is used for some cleaning but also to scoot me to the site and back (like it is really needed HA). It works well cleaning the training area too.

No I'm not. Scubaland Adventures put out the info a few weeks ago about the cleanup. I've been told I'd be able to dive. Maybe not in the areas requiring the certification but I really don't care. I've got some new gear and just hope to get wet and do something worthwhile at the same time. We'll see.

That's horrible. Tell you what, I'll go and do those Clipper dives and long drives for you, that way you can get some relaxing quality time in at the Springs and won't have to worry about having an exhausting weekend. :)

Well, you know, sometimes we have to sacrafice for the good of the group. Besides you have that Sunday flight and I'd hate to be responsible for any DCS you might experience if you took my place.

BTW, the weather report and sea conditions have been improving, so it's looking like were a go (knock on wood). Expect a trip report on Monday at the latest. Hopefully, with some pictures. :D

Any swampers going down to Aquarena Springs this Sunday (4/20) for the cleanup? I'm going to check it out. This will be my first time there. Hope to see some familiar faces. K-Valve? Scubashawn123?

Skip...

I'll see you at the clean up. Look forward to seeing you and the divers there. It should be a really nice spring day out. What great weekend weather we have.

Wonder why the clipper trip Saturday got blown out?

Regards,

Shawn

Wonder why the clipper trip Saturday got blown out?
The word I got was high seas, but the marine forecast was only predicting 3-5, so I don't know. It was canceled though. :shakehead:

I worked on the remodel all day Saturday instead. Doesn't seem like a fair trade off does it? The good news is I got a lot done on the remodel and the powers that be (i.e. Angie) gave me a short reprieve today to go to the lake for a little diving and a little socializing. :D

Ya'll have fun.

The word I got was high seas, but the marine forecast was only predicting 3-5, so I don't know. It was canceled though. :shakehead:

Ya'll have fun.

The call I got Friday morning was 9 foot seas predicted for Saturday and then the storm blew through early and to the North. So much for predictions huh ! 3-5 foot should have been a go.

When is it rescheduled again? ...........the cliipper seems to be very difficult to schedule this year, lots of cancellations due to weather.

Since I have not dove the Gulf, makes me wonder if South Padre is a rough ocean dive after all.

Shawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom