Aquarena Springs 10-13-2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Aquarena on Thursday afternoon wanted a little better visibility than the local lakes and since its five minutes from the house, not too much in gas. My Dive Team buddy and I pulled the full face mask/underwater communication units off the dive truck for a little playing around. My girlfriend came along to try her new 3mm wetsuit (for our cruise over Thanksgiving), and to try and figure out her vertigo upon surfacing problem. Got to Spring Lake around noon-thirty, outside temp was around 80 degrees, geared up and hit the water around one thirty; took a little longer getting the FFM set up. Dive #1 was in the training area, 16 feet for 19 minutes, water temp was 70 degrees with about 50' visibility, just a little hazy from the recent rain, and slightly overcast. Buddy was having problems with his comm. unit so we surfaced to figure out the problem. After getting on shore we found the antenna unit was cracked and causing the feedback, so we switched out the unit. Dive #2 in at 2:42, 21 feet for 54 minutes, started in the training area then moved into to the lake. The communication units worked fine and it was actually kind've fun playing around with them, not to mention diving the FFM was different. Got to see the new diversion cap, the springs looked a little dead compared to the high aquifer flow this summer, but it was still fun.

Cool pics, Jason! Wish I had been there...

Nice pics. We were in the river just below the lake this weekend and had a blast as well. What is the DAN card attached to your BCD?

Jarrett:
Nice pics. We were in the river just below the lake this weekend and had a blast as well. What is the DAN card attached to your BCD?

The DAN tag is a piece you order thru DAN...it is a med./Rx/doctor/persn. id card,,,,has all the info. someone might need on you to render better assistance in the event you were unable to comm. or were 'dead'--geez--hope never the later!

Hey Jason, nice pics man! Thanks for hooking me up with this board. I will use this as a way to keep in touch with you and possibly come down and dive the Well at some point. Keep it safe...Everdeeper(Travis)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom