Aquarena Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianV

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it really worth it? Everyone keeps trying to sell me on it, but $220 for a class and having to sign up to go down there (can't just decide to go one day).

I took the course last weekend and to me it is worth it. I never have to pay again which would pay for itself in 10 dives. Plus you can only dive in the training area if you don't take the course. I think you don't even have to pay for air.

What he said - plus excellent buoyancy training, feel good feeling of worthy volunteer work, great divers to meet and more.

I flew from Lubbock to Autin, rented a car and a hotel for 2 nights, and it was still nice. For you to do it in day trips, and enjoy the benefits - hell yeah.

It's personal preference -- but it was worth it to me :D

I enjoyed it and would do volunteer dives there this year if there's a group that wants to get meet there!

Heading down there weekend March 11 - we've got a group doing the course, and others who've done the course are just diving and doing clean up.

It seems pricey, sure, but the course is definitely informative, and the dive aspects are fun. The bouyancy course is a lot of fun to do, and, as said above, once you've done the course, you dive for free, with the proviso that you 'work'. Last time I was there, the springs were in pretty good condition, so all we really did was dive.

You do have to dive there at least once a year to keep on the dive roster.

BrianV:
Is it really worth it? Everyone keeps trying to sell me on it, but $220 for a class and having to sign up to go down there (can't just decide to go one day).

I go every two weeks or so. Signing up isn't any more planning that I need to do than to make sure I have air [and the compressor there is not reliable, so it is best to bring your own and be pleasantly surprised if you can get more!]
The 150$ disappeared many years ago [as the value should indicate] - but the diving goes on!

Hope to meet you there some time!

To me it was worth it. I volunteer every week or two for a day and make one or two dives. The diving is great and it helps keep the lake clean. You also learn alot about the history and environment there. I should have taken the course years ago.

I plan on doing it as soon as my schedule allows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom