Aquarena - Mar 4/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about trying to get into the Aquarena March 4/5 class. Is anybody else planning on being there that weekend?

We're going to try to find out if there is a March 11/12 class. I haven't been able to get through via email, so need to call them tomorrow to see if there is one. We plan to go then, if possible.

Foo:
We're going to try to find out if there is a March 11/12 class. I haven't been able to get through via email, so need to call them tomorrow to see if there is one. We plan to go then, if possible.

Here is the schedule posted on there website:
http://www.aquarena.txstate.edu/diving.html

Spring & Summer schedule
January 28th and 29th
February 11th and 26th
March 4th and 5th
March 25th and 26th
April 8th and 9th
April 15th and 16th Easter
April 29th and 30th
May 6th and 7th
May 20th and 21st
June 10th and 11th
June 17th and 18th
June 24th and 25th
July 8th and 9th
July 22nd and 23rd
August 5th and 6th
August 19th and 20th
August 26th and 27th

The only problem with those dates are my work schedule .. I work 8 x 10 hour days and have 6 days off. My days off in March are Mar. 3 - 8 and Mar. 17 - 22

Daniel! Thank you! There is a course on the weekend that we need, through Tomsscuba. My husband is going to call for reservations tomorrow. Amascuba, thank you so much for posting that schedule! I've tried to email them several times, and wasn't able to find the schedule. (Must be surf-challenged.) I appreciate you guy's help very much.

Okay... what are the diving skills needed to pass this course? Now that we have a date, I'm thinking forward to the class, can't wait to get in that water in Spring Lake. I stood on the dock a couple years ago and just lusted after it, so I'm thinking that this will be very, uh... satisfying.

Foo:

Our dive club CHUM has the March 11/12 dates booked, so far with 11 students taking the course and 5 divemasters in the water helping out. I think they said the class size limit was 20 but I'll have to check. If you're interested, see this thread for more info, the trip leader is "jdavis".

Thats where I am getting my open water certification the weekend of February 11-12. They have a Scientific Diver class that weekend as well. I am SOOOOOOOO excited!

Liss,
I did my OW check out there last February and it was great. And have been twice in the last two months also. And finally next weekend I am taking the "Diving for Science course". Looks like we are going to have a pretty big group up there.

Back
Top Bottom