Aquamundo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsDeep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, this is my first thread started on scubaboard, nice to meet you all :D

I've recently (a month ago) acquired my OWD cert in Boracay, and 2 weeks after that got my AOWD in Anilao. Needless to say, I'm hooked on diving :) In the interest of feeding my addiction and furthering my experience, I decided to get my own gear. Until now I have everything (including accessories) except one thing, a BC. I've researched all my purchases beforehand and as a result I'm quite happy with my choices so far. I have Mares reg, Aqualung fins and wetsuit, Scubapro mask, Oceanic octopus.

On my way back from Nautilus dive shop on Arnaiz in Makati to look at their OMS BP/W, I came across Aquamundo dive shop on Amorsolo St. I never heard of them! I went inside and was surprised to see it's not just a dive shop, it's a brand! All of it looks quite nice, and also very affordable too! They have a BP/W selling for 12800 with an aluminum BP or 14K for the stainless steel BP. This is way cheaper than the OMS combo I saw at Nautilus for 20K, which at the time I also found to be a reasonable price.

As far as I can tell, the two are quite similar, both are single webbing harnasses (Hogarthian-friendly :wink: ) but the only question remains: How good *is* Aquamundo?? As I said I've never heard of them, and searching through this site as well as google doesn't give me much in the way of reviews. It looks like quality gear to me, but I'm far from an expert. Does anyone hear have any experience - first or second-hand - with any Aquamundo products? How does it compare to OMS? Good or bad, I'd like to hear anything! Not just about BCs, either :)

BTW, I posted this thread to PPD because Aquamundo is a Philippine brand and unlikely sold anywhere else (I could be wrong :idk: )

TIA!

you can also try oxycheq BP/W. distributor is Diverspoint in wilson st. san juan. the owner ellen is here on scubaboard.

Back
Top Bottom