Aquamundo Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not quite sure if I recall seeing a copy of the slingshot on their shelves. However, they do have a very nice jet-fin-like fin named the "Agila." For those wanting that kind of performance, but in a lighter format, there's the Ventec fin.

Okay, I ended up getting a pair of "Agilas." They look more like USD Rockets than Jets, but when compared side by side with my Jets, they seem just as flexible. Test results (in-water) to follow.

So I also purchased a pair of Agilas a couple of months ago.... I have used this style of fin since I started diving with the exception of using Mares Volos for a few months in cold water.

So far I have probablly used the Agilas on 40 or more dives, I get a little less thrust from them than my SCUBA Pro Jets.. but they are lighter and deliver adequate thrust for my general type of diving I bought them with the spring straps......

I am very satisfied with the performance, I am thinking about buying a few more for rental, once I have more money:glad:..

So far the only real downside is cosmetic and it is that they lose the "new fin" look rather quickly.

Yes the Agilas look similar to the jet fin but they are smaller and about 1/2 kg lighter (XL size at least) and has less power than the jets. The vents are also smaller. The bottom compound of the foot pocket also seems to be made of a stiffer compound (plastic?). I am worried about the 2 different compounds unbonding. Overall they are ok though especially for the price.

I wanted to follow up on the "Agilas", fins. They have now been through a few more months of diving and I have issued them to a couple of students. I remain pleased with them, and have decided to purchase 4 more pair for students(with springs). In my original post on the subject(as Rogersea) I had mentioned they lose their new fin look quite rapidly, but after 3 more months of diving they are in the same shape they were at the original post.. SO I am obviously happy with them...

I have used the "Agila " for several dives now. They are shorter and lighter than the jets of the same size. This leads to two interesting differences: 1. they do not have the "oomph" of the jet fin so you have to kick just a little more (you will miss your jets when the current starts ripping) and 2. they are a bit more maneuverable. I also find it easier to do the back kick with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom