Aqualung Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of the advice. Will be going to my LDS next week to test and purchase

@RTC'83 just my 2 cents worth, but you also might want to consider the Core reg. It is a little more money than the Titan, but it has one feature that I really like, the Automatic Closure Device (ACD). This is a feature that you will possibly never need, but if you ever do, you will be glad you have it. If you go to rinse your reg, and something happens to distract you and you forget to put your dust cap back on, or if you forget to tighten you dust cap securely when you go to rinse your reg, the ACD will prevent water from entering your first stage.

Is it an absolute requirement? No, of course it isn't, but like most forms of insurance it is better to have it and never need or use it than it is to need it and not have it. IMHO, it is worth the upgrade.

The last generation of Titan LX had the closure device.

The last generation of Titan LX had the closure device.
Yup,I think that the Titan LX might be the old model and may have been replaced by the Core. Either way, I like having the ACD on the 1st stage. (I have it on my Legend LX).

Last edited:
Update:
Went to my LDS and purchased a Core Supreme with ABS octo.
Added an Axiom BCD
Thanks for the help

Update:
Went to my LDS and purchased a Core Supreme with ABS octo.
Added an Axiom BCD
Thanks for the help
Congrats. Enjoy.

Enjoy your new reg! I bought a Titan LX supreme as my first reg at a greatly reduced price after they rebranded it as the Core Supreme; it's been been a great performer. I think the "Supreme" means it's environmentally sealed and suited for cold water, but it should breathe the same as the regular Core (or old Titan LX).

Congratulations on the Core. It is a great reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom