Aqualung Titan octopus: broken purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now I’m looking for the same covers. Both my Titan main regulator and my Titan octo covers disintegrated on my recent Hawaii dive trip. Both at the same time after spending a fortune getting everything serviced before the trip. I assume there’s no way of getting covers now that it’s even four years later than the last post?

View attachment 813925View attachment 813924
You can contact an Aqualung dealer to see if another batch of this part was run. I wouldn't hold out hope though. If you are covered under parts for life then it should be replaced.

You can contact an Aqualung dealer to see if another batch of this part was run. I wouldn't hold out hope though. If you are covered under parts for life then it should be replaced.
Will do, I’ll let you know what happens. Thanks!

The last I could find these covers (124578) & (124576) available was 2017. After that they have been marked NLA (No longer available). There was no other batch run of these covers and I doubt there ever will be.
I was not able to find any online retailer that still sells these, although phoning some dealers up may get you one if they still have a couple lying in stock in the back of their drawers.

Shy of someone coming up with a custom 3D printed solution I unfortunately think you are out of luck, which is a shame because it means yet again that something perfectly usable will go to the landfill.

Attachments

• Calypso & Titan & Cousteau & Partner - Schematics (2017).pdf
    320.2 KB · Views: 43
The last I could find these covers (124578) & (124576) available was 2017. After that they have been marked NLA (No longer available). There was no other batch run of these covers and I doubt there ever will be.
I was not able to find any online retailer that still sells these, although phoning some dealers up may get you one if they still have a couple lying in stock in the back of their drawers.

Shy of someone coming up with a custom 3D printed solution I unfortunately think you are out of luck, which is a shame because it means yet again that something perfectly usable will go to the landfill.
That’s what I’m afraid of. And the fact that I spent $250 getting it serviced and my dive op could have let me know about the situation before the money was spent. Now I can’t even use the equipment the rest of the year after spending the $$. It could have went to new equipment.

And now I’m looking for the same covers. Both my Titan main regulator and my Titan octo covers disintegrated on my recent Hawaii dive trip. Both at the same time after spending a fortune getting everything serviced before the trip. I assume there’s no way of getting covers now that it’s even four years later than the last post?

View attachment 813925View attachment 813924
this spare part ?:

this spare part ?:

Those would be for the Titans between 2004 and 2010.

I think was is searched for here is the 1998 to 2004 cover, which I believe is not interchangeable with the after 2004 cover.

Désolé, actuellement en rupture de stock chez AQUALUNG (Sorry, currently out of stock at AQUALUNG)
The second shop seems to be out of that 2004 to 2010 cover as well.

That’s what I’m afraid of. And the fact that I spent $250 getting it serviced and my dive op could have let me know about the situation before the money was spent. Now I can’t even use the equipment the rest of the year after spending the $$. It could have went to new equipment.
Did you contact the shop and let them know? I would hope they could give you a smoking deal on a new reg or perhaps apply what you spent on service toward a purchase.

Those would be for the Titans between 2004 and 2010.

I think was is searched for here is the 1998 to 2004 cover, which I believe is not interchangeable with the after 2004 cover.

The second shop seems to be out of that 2004 to 2010 cover as well.
Can the internals of his regulators be moved to a newer case and cover?

Some parts will be transferable, but most won't.

If I recall correctly, the spring and poppet have ever so slightly changed, the orifice has changed slightly and the valve insert as well. The inlet fitting and lever should be the same. The diaphragm should also not be transferable.

In short, I think there is not much to be done unfortunately.

My Aqualung dive op has noted that he has found the yellow Octo cover and is still waiting on Aqualung to respond for the the black cover for the main regulator. He asked me if I wanted yellow for both but I told him lets wait to hear back from Aqualung. I'll keep you guys posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom