AQUALUNG TITAN LX Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased the LX about 5 months ago and have put about 60 dives with the reg. No problems, breaths well and has been trouble free. 90% of my dives are beach dives and its important that the reg is able to holdup to some of the abuse beach diving puts it through. This is also a very simple reg to open and clean.

Its a great reg in every aspect. I use the Titan's for students and they hold up great with the abuse students give them....and I'm sure you don't abuse your reg, right? You will not go wrong with this reg.

mmcdds:
I own an Apeks ATX50 and a Titan LX, I think the Apeks is an easier breather. The ATX50 also has a diver adjustable second stage, which I personally really like, but there are a lot of people who seem to prefer a non-adjustable second stage (one less knob to worry about), given a choice betwen the two I would pick the Apeks. That being said, let me reiterate what I said in a previos post, I still think the Titan LX is a reliable, easy breathing,reasonably priced reg.

I've got both and although Apex regs. are "rated" higher I HATE mine. I've had nothing but problems from my Apeks. Everything from IP Creep, in both directions, to breathing wet, deformed "Neopreen" (as told to me from LDS) diaphrams, and the plastic casing torquing out on me while changing hoses.

Additionaly, in my opinion (nonimpericaly) I "Feel" my Titan breaths better, and stands up to alittle more abuse for alittle less money.

I'm about to throw away 2 Apeks 1st stages (no swivle) 1X200 and 2X50s

Hi Lonestar Diver,

I've just sent you a PM.

SangP

I used to dive with a Titan LX Supreme, and I've always felt it was a pretty good reg. I took my wife's out this weekend for a test dive after getting it serviced (wanted to make sure it was OK before she uses it in Mexico!), and was still fairly pleased with it. It breathes well, even under fairly heavy demand (like the current we got into on Sunday.)

My stage regs are Titan LX. They take a beating, get left in the rocks and silt, and always breathe beautifully at any depth and in any temp water. I have not used them deeper than 200 ft or colder than 37 F, but I do know folks who have and also love them.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom