Aqualung? Suunto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DB83

Registered
Reaction score
What's the affiliation between aqualung and some of the other dive companies such as US Divers, Suunto, Sea-quest, etc?
I went on the aqualung web site and it has links to each of those companies' web sites. Are they all owend by the same company?

Also, anyone know if aqualung gives any discounts on buying sets of items?

DB83:
What's the affiliation between aqualung and some of the other dive companies such as US Divers, Suunto, Sea-quest, etc?
I went on the aqualung web site and it has links to each of those companies' web sites. Are they all owend by the same company?

US Divers was the primary company. They did some aquisition and consolodation a few years back and created the company name Aqua Lung which includes Aqualung, US Divers, AquaSphere, DeepSea, Seaquest, Draeger, Apeks, and Suunto.

As an Aqualung Dealer we order everything from Aqualung except Deep Sea that goes on a seperate system. Suunto is a contract product meaning AL has a contract to sell, market and service Suunto product.

I was at AL HQ last week. It's a pretty impressive place.

Regards,

DB83:

While AL usually has some kind of sales deal going on. I have never seen it apply to a whole set of equipment. I have seen shop owners put together a package with a discount for the whole thing but again, never seen one come from aqualung direct.

I believe Suunto owns Suunto, Aqua Lung distributes them in North America and some other parts of the world and Draeger could buy Aqua Lung with it's pocket change if they wanted to be in the rec diving business, they do produce the rec rebreathers that Aqua Lung markets for them, as they don't see it as much of a market compared to the other parts of their air products business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom