AquaLung Shot FX Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DjArie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I stopped by my local dive shop, and saw this, and drooled. I like purple and white.
I figured I would post this to ask what others think about it, if you anyone has an opinion.

Aqualung ShotFX.jpg

..bump.

It's a fin with a spring strap. I'd expect around 125 bucks. More than that for me it's over priced. Hmmm 114.95 at Leisure Pro with free shipping. Not bad. The "features" sound like marketing. Since I don't need to swim fast and set speed records I doubt they would even be noticeable. I like my F-1's for speed when I need it, and my HOG tech fins for precise work when there is no current or in overheads. Not crazy about the color choices but then I'm a guy so I wouldn't be. Unless I wanted something that no other guy on the boat would steal. I've sold BPW's with pink webbing to guys for just that reason. Ask the shop if you can try a pair in their pool. That's the only way to really decide.

Thanks! I'm conflicted between split fins which people have told me aren't that great, and some people can't stop talking about, and standard ones like these.

I should also probably read the book in your signature.

Split fins = instant death. Just ask anyone ...

I had to buy a pair to use when I DM with classes. That's the only time I use them. I find them to be very floppy. I prefer my avanti quattros for my personal diving.

Lol instant death.

Ariellewest.com

I had the opportunity to try a pair last night in the pool. Depending on the type of diver you are they could be a really good fin, not a great fin, just a really good fin.
Straight out flutter kick is no problem and would work for a lot of divers. They are what I would consider on the softer side. Stiffer than a TUSA Liberator, closer to a Mares Volo.

I had to buy a pair to use when I DM with classes. That's the only time I use them. I find them to be very floppy. I prefer my avanti quattros for my personal diving.
Your decision or the shop's? If they required you to use them they should have given them to you. Especially if you already have fins you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom