Aqualung Rocket 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foglesre

Contributor
Reaction score
In terms of new-style Jet/Rocket fin, I've seen quite a bit of discussion about the OMS Slipstreams. I don't see much info on the Aqualung Rocket 2.

Can anyone out there report on these fins - sizing, comfort, performance?

The redesigned foot pocket would seem to increase comfort and reduce some of the cramping problems experienced by traditional jets, but I'm wondering if this decreases the performance that makes Jets so ideal.

I'm also very curious about the foot pocket size relative to Size 12 Chuck Taylors.

Thanks.

Bob

I have a pair and use them with my high drag neoprene drysuit that has vulcanized big boots.
These fins are extremely stiff and the foot pockets are XXL+. The fins were designed to be worn over combat boots.
While I prefer stiffer fins, (jetfins make me feel barefoot) these are a little much for my 5'9" 170 lb frame so I shaved down the 2 center ribs on the blades.
If your feet are big enough to wear these with wetsuit boots, you can probably use them as stiff as they are.
I also added spring straps. While these fins are heavy, I noticed they're actually bouyant when rinsing my gear of in the bathtub when it was freezing outside.

I have these fins and I love them. I had to get new boots with huge thick soles so that I could use them, but it was worth it. They have a ton of power even on a lazy frog kick, and for back kicks. I can easily back up the entire length of a platform with these (25') without any problem. I wear a large because I want that big paddle fin for my kicks, and my boots are a size 6. My buddy who is a size 10 (in a drysuit boot) has borrowed my fins and they fit him too, although my springs were way too tight for him. I tried a pair of Jets and liked these much better but that's pretty much just personal preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom