Aqualung Outlaw with 25lbs bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me the 11lb wing was great with a 3mm wetsuit and 7lbs of weight on AL80s. I'm not sure if I would notice a drag difference between the two wings, but it felt quite dialed in after a week of diving it.

The difference in drag would negligible, unless you were a Marlin.

I have the 25 on mine, don’t even notice it as it folds in nicely, I use the trim weight pockets and 2 weight pouches on the tank band. I’m good to go. I never thought I would dive a rec bc again, but I have to admit I like th outlaw and would dive it in warm water without reservation.

I really like the Outlaw for tropical diving as it is very comfortable, secures nicely not moving around, and has a lot of attachment points. I just bought the 25 lb. bladder on mine, as I need 8-12 lbs depending on whether I wear a 3mm, 1mm rash or not. I bought the 5lb. non-ditchable weight pockets as the Aqualung ditchable pockets are quite problematic both getting them in and getting them to stay in as well. I needed 12# and barely crammed a 4# and a 2# in each side but it is really really tight, won't do that again as I will buy the trim tank strap pockets and that will solve that problem.

The multiple attachment daisy chain attachments are nice but don't work well for spring clips as I already lost my rattle. They work well for carabiner type attachments but thinking I will add a couple of high quality SS split rings for my rattle and retractor on my compass/SPG gauge combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom