Aqualung Micra o-ring #20 size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just in the process of rebuilding a couple of AL Micras and one Micra ADJ but getting stumped on the correct size for o-ring #20 Part No 8200-46.
Is bigger than a -014 yet smaller than a -015... and is not a French R series!
Appears in good condition ID 13.3mm x 1.80mm
Any clues gratefully received...
AL Micra ADJ o-ring 20.PNG

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just checked McMaster Carr; the site has no metric seal matching those measurements. I also checked the Marco sizing chart for a Japanese Standard (JIS) seal-still no joy. Probably a -014 will be the best fit.

Measure the o.d. of the air barrel and multiply by .97 That should put you in the ballpark for the i.d. of the seal.

Edit:
....ooops, typing over each other.

BTW that looks like a case seal and only subjected to ambient pressure-so as long as it holds vacuum it should be OK.

Micra o-ring 20 analysis -015.PNG
Thanks Couv
Its always tricky measuring old o-rings, who knows how much they have compressed or stretched... or even if it is the OEM o-ring or a close-enough replacement some time in the past!
The air barrel OD is 17.28mm, o-ring groove diameter is 14.84mm, groove width is 2.05mm
Reg case bore is 17.70mm
A -015 is supposedly the best fit using default % of stretch and compression but it won't fit in practice :(
Maybe a clue in the AL part number?
For ALL other o-rings in this reg, the last two digits represent the ISO 3601/1806 or AS 568 'dash' size.
For this o-ring the part number is 8200-46 but a -046 is actually ID 107.67 x 1.78mm :eek:

Last edited:
A -015 is supposedly the best fit using default % of stretch and compression but it won't fit in practice :(

I practice safe sex; but when it comes to the real thing I throw care to the wind. Agree, a -015 should be the correct size, but if it won't fit try a -014. Steal one from a tank valve if you don't have a loose one available.

I'm looking at a manual for a "Mikron" REV date 01/03/07 which has similar air barrel as the one in your diagram. The part number for that o-ring is 121706 and is described as 1.78mm x 14 EPDM 80shA which is a -015

Have you lubed it well and ensured it is a high durometer?

Aha!
I tried a well-lubed -015 70 Duro and it extruded like a watermelon pip as the air barrel neared rest position ... will try a harder -015 90 Duro.
This is obviously an issue in the Micras... flagged as 'o-ring bind-up' in the AL manual.
Micra o-ring bind up.PNG

Nope even a -015 90 Duro extrudes.
Edit -015 90 will work IF you rotate the air barrel slowly as you push it in... thanks Couv :cheers:
Micra o-ring extrusion.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom