Aqualung i330R reboot? (firmware fail)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EddieInNC

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hoping someone can lend an assist. After today's diving, went to download dives and told of a firmware update to 1.006 on my Aqualung i330R. Downloaded just fine, then the dive computer simply says "FW update fail. Please reload."

Phone download is frozen, because the computer won't restart/reboot/reset and make contact. So can't get anything done. Would love to solve this before tomorrow morning's dives... [lesson learned, don't do an update unless not using for a while...]. Finding no help in the manual.

Thanks for any assist/advice...

Restart your phone? Will the computer turn off?
Computer is not turning off. Restarted phone, but DC still frozen on "FW Error PLease Reload."

I can't figure out how to reboot the DC, i.e., to shut it down and restart. Have tried holding down each button for a long time, have tried holding down both buttons for a long time...can't find a reference to reboot procedure anywhere in the manual or online.

Computer is not turning off. Restarted phone, but DC still frozen on "FW Error PLease Reload."

I can't figure out how to reboot the DC, i.e., to shut it down and restart. Have tried holding down each button for a long time, have tried holding down both buttons for a long time...can't find a reference to reboot procedure anywhere in the manual or online.

Yea don’t think you can reboot it. Maybe wait till the battery dies? My uncle just updated his with no problem. I’m not too sure what happened with yours.

I bought the 330r, lasted one dive and pressure sensor failed and whole thing crashed— straight back to the shop for a refund…

I bought the 330r, lasted one dive and pressure sensor failed and whole thing crashed— straight back to the shop for a refund…
Sorry to hear that. I've gotten 100+ dives on it without any issues, would really love to find a way through this.

Computer is not turning off. Restarted phone, but DC still frozen on "FW Error PLease Reload." I can't figure out how to reboot the DC, i.e., to shut it down and restart. Have tried holding down each button for a long time, have tried holding down both buttons for a long time...can't find a reference to reboot procedure anywhere in the manual or online.
Just wondering if you’ve had any luck with this error code yet, I tried updated my DC today and got the same error

Just wondering if you’ve had any luck with this error code yet, I tried updated my DC today and got the same error
Sorry to hear that...
no, mine sent back to Aqualung two weeks ago. I got this about 7 months ago, so still under warrantee. But I know they are incredibly slow and don't expect anything to happen soon.
Frankly, I expect that at some point they will replace it with a new one, which I will sell and get a Peregrine...

I had the same issue with 2 android phones not working, then switched to my son's iphone and it worked

Back
Top Bottom