Aqualung i300c readability vs Mares Puck Pro readability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Bravo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need 2.0+ reading glasses normally which means I really have a hard time reading small text at close range. However I can read the display of my Mares Puck Pro, but anything smaller could be a real challenge.

Now I just purchased an Aqualung i300c wrist computer to my girlfriend, to use as primary while she has another i300c in the console. I figure it will be just one set of menus for her to master.

In my case, I also have the i300c on the console, but I don't really look at it while I dive, I just look at the Mares Puck Pro on my wrist. Note that I should at least have confirmed I was able to actually read the i300c on the console, in case my primary dies in the middle of a dive.

Now the store I had ordered the wrist i300c for my girlfriend just sent me another one by mistake. Of course I am honest and I sent them an email right away. I might be tempted to purchase that second wrist i300c computer, if i was sure it was at least as readable as the Mares puck pro display. I really don't feel like gluing reading glasses to my masks.

Can someone who needs reading glasses on the ground and does not need them underwater please confirm whether the i300C is actually easy to read, and if you have experience with both, could you compare the Mares Puck pro's readability to the i300c?

Thanks. And by the way I did try to read everything pertaining to the i300C on ScubaBoard before posting this.

i have an i 300and in the tropics clear water its quite easy to read (reading glasses here)but i am looking at oled for myself because a lot of low vis diving up in canada

I have the i300C and just started diving Canadian waters. Visibility in the lakes can be a challenge and I use +.75 reading glasses and are setup on my mask. I have no problem reading this info from the i300C. I love the BT feature as allow me to download my dive almost immediately as soon as I pair it with my phone.

I've done i300c in 1-2M visability water, it's fine. Nothing is perfect in those conditions, but it works for me. (-3.75 and -3.00 correction in the mask).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom