Aqualung AMPHIB Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these? Seen one of these? Or have any comments about these? Trying to get a decent set of "hiker" like boots instead of the Bare rock boots but I have not been able to stumble across anything decent...then I found this.

So any comments? What is the construction like? What is the actual boot like? What is the sole like? -- based solely on, and against the current Bare boots.

Aqualung AMPHIB Boot

We actually sell these boots to a lot of military and law enforcement personel. The only disadvantage is that it has a neoprene sock built into the boot so you need to have a thin sock attached to your suit. When you buy them, you will probably have to size up 2-3 sizes so you need to make sure your fins will fit. The boots are very comfortable and I use them when I doing training with USIA's training division.

Well I have Turtles, so that should not be a problem and my drysuit has the soft sock on it. What is the inner sock like? How true is the sizing chart? Is a size 10 a size 10 or will I need a size 11 based on your comment? As for trying them on before purchase, that will be difficult because the LDS will have order it according to my size, I doubt they will be able to get multiples and allow me try them on.

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2338&deptid=1169

my buddy picked up and modified the NRS boots, which are similar. she has a DC drysuit with attached neoprene socks (not sure what thickness). she was NOT able to upsize the boot then insert the socks into the built-in bootie. with neoprene against neoprene, she wasn't able to seat the sock and there were wrinkles and creases. she ended up getting her correct shoe size, then we cut the built-in bootie out of the boot. her attached socks insert directly into the outer shell of the boot.

so far, it works like a charm. lots of support. comfortable. keeps the air out of her feet. of course, we spent a couple of days coming to terms with spending the $$ on a brand new boot, then taking a pair of scissors to them :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom