AquaFlite Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in the market for a custom fit wetsuit for myself and my wife. I heard about this company up in Palm Harbor and was curious if anyone has any experience with their products. I am planning on coming down from Texas to do a short vacation Manatee snorkel soon and will probably stop by and get fitted at their shop. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Dan

I got one of their custom suits in '96, along with two friends. Was very satisfied. That was when they were located in Pasadena CA. If I were to get another suit, I still might consider them, even though they are now a continent away. Not convenient, but well-done suit.

radinator:
I got one of their custom suits in '96, along with two friends. Was very satisfied. That was when they were located in Pasadena CA. If I were to get another suit, I still might consider them, even though they are now a continent away. Not convenient, but well-done suit.

Thanks very much for the input. I am hoping they can make a suit that will make my body look good. :11:

well, I'm not sure any wetsuit makes a body look good; however, fitting the body they do, esp if you get them to measure you. I have had a 3mm aquaflite for a few years of light duty diving. Has held up decently well, but some sewing is now coming undone in places (kneepads, arm/leg openings)

Some recommendations: the oceanliner smoothskin works quite well. Get zippered ankles -- if you don't (which I didn't, hence the lesson), they finish the cuff with not very stretchy materiel, so it's difficult to get your foot into and out of. Less of a need for wrist zippers. Ideally best made in the winter, when it's less humid -- mine came with some glued seams that weren't glued too well. They were fixed easy enough with some neoprene glue put on by yours truly; the guy said that while they make every attempt to properly glue things, sometimes the humidity causes problems.

-Simon

simonk999:
well, I'm not sure any wetsuit makes a body look good; however, fitting the body they do, esp if you get them to measure you. I have had a 3mm aquaflite for a few years of light duty diving. Has held up decently well, but some sewing is now coming undone in places (kneepads, arm/leg openings)

Some recommendations: the oceanliner smoothskin works quite well. Get zippered ankles -- if you don't (which I didn't, hence the lesson), they finish the cuff with not very stretchy materiel, so it's difficult to get your foot into and out of. Less of a need for wrist zippers. Ideally best made in the winter, when it's less humid -- mine came with some glued seams that weren't glued too well. They were fixed easy enough with some neoprene glue put on by yours truly; the guy said that while they make every attempt to properly glue things, sometimes the humidity causes problems.

-Simon

Simon,
Thanks, this is exactly the type of information I was looking for. I am going to try to go to Florida in the next 30 to 45 days and get measured. I had been thinking about the zipper's for the legs so that helps in that area.
Again thanks very much.
Dan

AggieDad:
I am in the market for a custom fit wetsuit for myself and my wife. I heard about this company up in Palm Harbor and was curious if anyone has any experience with their products. I am planning on coming down from Texas to do a short vacation Manatee snorkel soon and will probably stop by and get fitted at their shop. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Dan

I and my wife have custom suits from Aquaflight because we are larger than normal I live only about an hour away from the location that Aquaflight operates out off. We are very pleased with both suits very good fit. Also very fast service give Ed a call and make an appointment he is very easy to find.

Nothing like a custom suit, with the features and materials right for your kinda diving.

I too have wetsuits from Aquaflite, and expect to use Aquaflite again in the future. Ed Rodgers is very helpful and knowledgeable. Tell him where and how you dive, whats inportant to you etc, and he'll fix you up.

Your in a great position if you can travel to Aquaflite for measuring, but I had a local tailor measure me as per the Aquaflite measurement chart, and my suits fit well right out of the box.

Regards,

Tobin

Bearmanatee:
I and my wife have custom suits from Aquaflight because we are larger than normal I live only about an hour away from the location that Aquaflight operates out off. We are very pleased with both suits very good fit. Also very fast service give Ed a call and make an appointment he is very easy to find.

Thanks. I am hoping to come down and snorkel with the Manatee's very soon and just stop by and get measured etc. then.

I've got his 1.5 mil and 3 mil custom full suits. Get the oceanliner...the suits dry in about 5 minutes and do not have that normal wet suit odor.

I went to Ed's place to get measured and had the suits in about 8 business days.

dzstr:
I've got his 1.5 mil and 3 mil custom full suits. Get the oceanliner...the suits dry in about 5 minutes and do not have that normal wet suit odor.

I went to Ed's place to get measured and had the suits in about 8 business days.

Thanks, I am going down there in a couple of weeks.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom