Aquaflex or Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mvtek

Registered
Reaction score
Im looking for input on the comparison between the AquaLung Aquaflex and the Henderson. Does anyone know if the two are pretty much the same thing? or is there a big dif? Diving in New England, so it will have to be a 7mm.

Just bear in mind the warning that the super stretchy 7mm suits, while exceptionally comfortable, tend to not be as warm as other 7mm suits, because their very stretchiness makes them compress more easily at depth.

Rather than a Hyperstretch (or any of the other manufacturers "stretchy" suits), I would opt for something that reduces the water layer on your skin and doesn't compress to easily. For colder water (I am assuming a dry-suit is out of the question), I have and would opt for Henderson's "Gold Core" suit. The smooth layer keeps me quite warm. When I lived in California, it was no accident that many cold water divers did not like (at first) the nylon against their skin. It continued to hold water and chaffed. They actually used smooth neoprene on the inside. The "Gold Core" suit is quite warm and adding a hooded vest as an option keeps me toasty. Henderson and others offer a semi-dry version also. It will keep you diving longer in the season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom