Aquacat cabin 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let us know how you like Aqua Cat. I was looking into same boat for a trip

If you can do last minute, they just had an opening for the week of Dec 17-24. As a bonus, that week is also $500 off the regular price.

I highly advise anyone boarding the Aquacat bring their sense of humor and be prepared to have a good time. And I don’t know if done on every trip but on mine one crew did photos, boat/shore/underwater and another videography, both available to purchase at the end of the trip.

As to solo, the crew and Captain are safety conscious but also relaxed. I don’t recall but I I may have used our solo cards for the boat paperwork. They provide guides but you are not required to follow so Eric and I went our own way on most of the dives (of course that also meant that we were not in many of the pics/video). Later in the trip I went fishing during two of the dives and they had no problem with Eric going out solo. Nothing was said about gear.

I highly advise anyone boarding the Aquacat bring their sense of humor and be prepared to have a good time. And I don’t know if done on every trip but on mine one crew did photos, boat/shore/underwater and another videography, both available to purchase at the end of the trip.
Yes, the photos & the videos are done every trip. My first trip on her, we could buy VHS Tapes, then DVDs, and on my last trip, it was thumb drives. (That gives an idea of how long I have been coming back.)

Yes, the photos & the videos are done every trip. My first trip on her, we could buy VHS Tapes, then DVDs, and on my last trip, it was thumb drives. (That gives an idea of how long I have been coming back.)

VHS tapes? It must have been the “Aqua Kitten” then.

VHS tapes? It must have been the “Aqua Kitten” then.
Yup, that was a "while ago". Kudos to the crew who, after they showed the video had to have someone up all night while they made copies in real time. IIRC, they had a couple VHS machines hooked up, and could make a couple copies at a time, but they could only do it as fast as the recording took (a 20 minute video would take 20 minutes to copy). Now, assuming that they do it on thumb drives still, a 20 minute video (or longer) would only take a few seconds to copy.

Yup, that was a "while ago". Kudos to the crew who, after they showed the video had to have someone up all night while they made copies in real time. IIRC, they had a couple VHS machines hooked up, and could make a couple copies at a time, but they could only do it as fast as the recording took (a 20 minute video would take 20 minutes to copy). Now, assuming that they do it on thumb drives still, a 20 minute video (or longer) would only take a few seconds to copy.

I’m headed back to the Aqua Cat next month. My wife and I did our maiden voyage on it last year, ironically enough, staying in Cabin 11. This year we are better prepared and in a larger cabin. The Aqua Cat is a great boat and we really enjoyed our time on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom