Aqua Safari Pier Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zman96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw on facebook that a wave collapsed the Arch at the end of the pier, Apparently striking a DM working at the end of the pier. Does anybody have any more info?

No way, that is terrible news! :(

What’s Henry’s iD here? He posted a video of the surge at the pier - wicked ugly

So sad for the victim and their family

That's horrible news. My condolences to their family.

If there is any fundraising started to help with their family's costs please share it here.

15837947237341097856971199530146.jpg

The same thing happened at the Barracuda a few years back, no one died, but a tourist got his arm broke. I got there a few minutes after it fell. The rebar in the concrete was rusted through and there wasn’t much rebar to start with. Villa Blanca will probably be next. Prayers to the family of the man who lost his life.

What terrible news! I have not heard anything about it yet - it was not in our local news.
This is extremely sad news. Prayers to his family.

I arrived yesterday and heard (but haven’t been able to 100% confirm) it was Polo from Aqua Safari that passed. So sad and he had been with them for a long time. Prayers up for friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom