Aqua Lung Legend Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a trick in getting the faceplate off of an Aqua Lung Legend reg? Unless these old eyes are really failing me, I didn't see a locking pin anywhere.

Marc

FLL Diver once bubbled...
Is there a trick in getting the faceplate off of an Aqua Lung Legend reg? Unless these old eyes are really failing me, I didn't see a locking pin anywhere.

Marc

Just put the palm of your hand across the whole faceplate and turn. It screws off.

R..

If its the LX 2nd stage, the 'fluted' ring unscrews from the box top and then the diaphragm is free. Unscrew counter clockwise.

Thanks for the replies.

This is a reg I bought second hand. I haven't been able to budge the faceplate, so I'm just going to turn it over to shop for service.

Marc

If its the Legend LX, you need to get a piece of rubber (like the kind used to open stuck pickle jar lids) and turn the fluted ring counter-clockwise and it will unscrew. Quite simple...no special tools are necessary - I know, as on my VERY first dive ever with that reg the outer lock ring loosened up and got lost during the dive. The cosmetic face plate almost floated away- but my dive buddy saw it and grabbed it. I did however have to call Aqua Lung and they sent me a N/C replacement via mail.

None of my LDS' that were AL dealers had ANY LX lock rings in stock!

PM me and send me your e-mail address - I'll send a pic of the 'lock ring.' On the LX Octo - it appears YELLOW - thats the part that unscrews off.

all the family of legend series (regular, LX and LX Supreme) have a faceplate that is getting of by unscrewing it... No safety pin.
After the faceplate, there is another ring that is holding the diaphragm....

i hope it helps....

sasha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom