Aqua Lung i750T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? I like the look of it and the concept but the single review I saw on Amazon wasn't great. And it needs to be great for the price tag of the computer and transmitter.

Don't quote me on this since i'm not positive but I believe it's a re-branded Oceanic VTX.

Aqualung purchased Pelagic Pressure Systems sometime last year from Oceanic's parent company - they still make computers for both.

Except for the silver face on the VTX - they look very similar to me. I haven't compared specs. There must be some VTX reviews here and elsewhere.

Video: ScubaLab Testers Choice Dive Computer — Oceanic VTX

they should be the same as the Oceanic VTX for the reasons that @diversteve mentioned.

My question to you is what do you think that does to make it worth $300 over a Perdix with transmitter? It's the same transmitter btw and it's got to do a lot to make it $300 better than a Perdix. I can't see anything that it does other than being able to change the settings in the phone app that the Perdix can't do, and you don't change the settings that often....
Cave Adventurers - Perdix AI - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

If you are going to go for this model from AL or its equivalent from Oceanic, buy the Perdix AI from Shearwater or the Ratio Computer, one of the iX3M models, Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model. There is absolutely no reason to buy this AL model or its Oceanic equivalent computers at all especially considering their prices and their serious shortcomings.

Last edited:
+1 on what tbone and burhan said.

Also, the VTX has a pretty solid reputation for going through batteries quickly and being really hard to read when there's much ambient light. I've seen posts where the people said it was even hard to read at their safety stop, when diving in clear water on a bright, sunny day.

they should be the same as the Oceanic VTX for the reasons that @diversteve mentioned.

My question to you is what do you think that does to make it worth $300 over a Perdix with transmitter? It's the same transmitter btw and it's got to do a lot to make it $300 better than a Perdix. I can't see anything that it does other than being able to change the settings in the phone app that the Perdix can't do, and you don't change the settings that often....
Cave Adventurers - Perdix AI - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

I don't necessarily thing the AL or equivalent are worth $300 more than the Perdix. I can tell you what initially drew me to the AlL...I liked it's relatively compact size compared to other wireless setup, the idea of having the OLED display was intriguing at first (before hearing the feedback about the difficulty reading it in the sun), I like the ability of using the app to download and log data from each dive. The problematic feedback I'm getting though regarding battery life and difficulty seeing the screen have me steering away. Regarding the Perdix, the only concerns I have is that it's larger and bulkier than I'd prefer and I'm unable to tell if it's got the ability to interface with an app to download and log data.

Do you guys have any opinions on the AL i450? It seems like it would address the problems with battery life and the display of the i750 in a cheaper package, and still not be so bulky. Any issues with the 450 other than it being $100 more than the Perdix?

I think the I450 is basically the same as the Oceanic Atom 3.0 or 3.1. I have the Atom and a Perdix AI.

The Atom (and i450) download via cable, not wirelessly. So, no mobile device app. Between the Atom and i450, I would buy another Atom, because it has the same algorithm as the i450 (PZ+) plus an additional, more liberal algorithm choice (DSAT). I dive the Atom solely using DSAT.

I think Shearwater has stated publicly that they are working on releasing a mobile app for downloading from the Perdix, but I'm not sure about that at all. Personally, I don't generally care about downloading my dives until I'm back at my laptop somewhere. The only time I could possibly see wanting to download a dive when I'm (for example) still out on a boat is if I want to load it into dive planning software to allow me to plan a tech (deco) dive that accurately reflects my inert gas loading from my 1st dive.

The Perdix is definitely bigger/bulkier than the wristwatch form factor of the Atom/i450t. Only you can decide if that's an issue for you. When I got my Atom, it was considerably less expensive than the Shearwater that was current at the time (the Petrel). I definitely prefer the smaller size of the Atom for non-tech dives. But, I can't imagine paying more for an Atom/i450t than the cost of a Perdix AI.

Even though it's bigger/bulker, if the money were even just the same, I would take the Perdix AI every time. If I thought I might ever want to do any tech diving, I would take the Perdix AI every time. The only way I personally would buy the Atom/i450t is if was less expensive than the Perdix.

I don't necessarily thing the AL or equivalent are worth $300 more than the Perdix. I can tell you what initially drew me to the AlL...I liked it's relatively compact size compared to other wireless setup, the idea of having the OLED display was intriguing at first (before hearing the feedback about the difficulty reading it in the sun), I like the ability of using the app to download and log data from each dive. The problematic feedback I'm getting though regarding battery life and difficulty seeing the screen have me steering away. Regarding the Perdix, the only concerns I have is that it's larger and bulkier than I'd prefer and I'm unable to tell if it's got the ability to interface with an app to download and log data.

Do you guys have any opinions on the AL i450? It seems like it would address the problems with battery life and the display of the i750 in a cheaper package, and still not be so bulky. Any issues with the 450 other than it being $100 more than the Perdix?

for me there is a breakpoint in size. That breakpoint is the point when you can no longer wear it as a watch when you are on the surface. The i450 is REAL close to that break point and I'm a big dude. For most people it will be too big to wear as a watch while on the surface. The i750tc is well beyond that size range. When you exceed that size, you may as well go to the best computer in that class.

If you go with the i450 you sacrifice mobile uploads of logs and you sacrifice a beautiful screen, and still have to spend $100 more. That may be worth it to you, it's not even a question worth asking in my opinion
If you go with the i750, you sacrifice a bigger screen and more functionality for the ability to change settings on a phone.

Obviously different people, but you really don't get much of size savings
Tauchcomputer-Aqua-Lung-i750-TC-air-integrated-incl-_1.jpg

instrumentation_i750T_2048x2048.png

sri-perdix_8.jpg

you don't save anything in thickness or height, and you might save an inch in width? but you with that you sacrifice screen size and the Perdix is really not that big

Hard to beat the Perdix, that's for sure.

I too, am attracted to the AL, nothing to do with price, but the smaller size and a couple of its recreational features are interesting. The AL is small enough to give it the watch feel. Also the wristband is also like on a watch, and quite sturdy and comfortable. I may be wrong, but the Perdix is designed more towards a bungee mount. Another difference, and whether this figures into a decision or not depends somewhat on personal preference, is that the AL has audible alarms for deco stops, etc., and also goes into safety stop countdown automatically. The audible alarms are unimportant for technical divers, but as a recreational diver, I kinda like them. I believe that the two units also differ in their algorithms. Battery life is inconsequential IMO as the batteries are standard and simple to change. Also, any lack of brightness would not be a deal breaker if the other features are more important, as if the display gets washed out in the sun, a little shade from your free hand is all that is needed. I would be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of the two displays in bright conditions.

Again, hard to beat the Perdix on all fronts, including price, but the differences are worth knowing.

Last edited:
Hard to beat the Perdix, that's for sure.

I too, am attracted to the AL, nothing to do with price, but the smaller size and a couple of its recreational features are interesting. The AL is small enough to give it the watch feel. Also the wristband is also like on a watch, and quite sturdy and comfortable. I may be wrong, but the Perdix is designed more towards a bungee mount. Another difference, and whether this figures into a decision or not depends somewhat on personal preference, is that the AL has audible alarms for deco stops, etc., and also goes into safety stop countdown automatically. The audible alarms are unimportant for technical divers, but as a recreational diver, I kinda like them. I believe that the two units also differ in their algorithms. Battery life is inconsequential IMO as the batteries are standard and simple to change. Also, any lack of brightness would not be a deal breaker if the other features are more important, as if the display gets washed out in the sun, a little shade from your free hand is all that is needed. I would be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of the two displays in bright conditions.

Again, hard to beat the Perdix on all fronts, including price, but the differences are worth knowing.

Perdix can be used with bungee straps or the elastic straps, but no watch strap. Not entirely sure of the benefit there, but to each his own. Bungees are super nice. I wouldn't say the i750tc is small enough to give it a watch feel and what that perceived benefit would be. Something like the Seabear was actually a watch feel and you could wear that as a watch on the surface, but alas, not available anymore.

No audible alarms, but I don't think they really have use in recreational diving either because if you have a bunch of computers chirping, you have no idea whos it is.

Perdix will go into safety stops when in recreational nitrox mode, where you are limited to 3 gradient factor options with Buhlmann. Very different than what is used by Aqualung, but I don't see any advantages to their algorithm compared to Buhlmann

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom