Aqua Lung Alu Trio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a new AL Alu Trio, heard a lot of great things about it, but I can't get the battery compartment open. The manual is very vague, and I do not want to get to aggressive with it. Anybody know any tricks to get this thing open?

Light Aqua Lung Alu Trio - Divernet
Inserting the batteries or accessing them for recharging means removing the plastic fitting at one end. This is locked in place, and the lock is turned using a coin.
The fitting is so snug that I needed the leverage of a screwdriver to ease it out after diving, and I feared that it might slip and damage the anodising of the lamp body.
Double O-rings protect this end fitting from ingress of water.

I have two of these lights and love them! When you install the batteries, you press really hard on the end cap then quarter turn the screw on the cap to lock it. The seal is so tight the air pressure will make the cap slide back out if you don't keep pressure on it while turning that screw. There is actually a little valve that will let pressure release from closing it and also lets battery gases out. Once closed, it won't ever leak. To open, turn the screw and gently wiggle the cap off while pulling with steady pressure. I keep the o rings greased really well which helps the cap slide off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom