Aqua Loc neoprene ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Who's been able to put their hands on a new Henderson Aqua Loc suit ?
What kind of neoprene is it? Stretchy or not so much ?

I would be interested in finding out about this new suit and accessories as well. I'm considering a semi dry for the near future.

It is suppose to be stretchy based on what I have read on Hendersons facebook site.

I had a customer diving the suit this past weekend and he raved about it (fit great, easy to don, warm, comfortable)!! Unfortunately his accessories are on Back Order so he didn't get a chance to test out the true "Aqua Lock" features. I'll post more detailed information when I get it.

We are not a Henderson dealer, so there is no motive here....

But this type of system has been used by other manufacturers for a couple years, and works great. There is no reason that it shouldn't work just as advertised based on that. Without mentioning names, so this isn't a threadjack, I have used a system extremely similar, and YES, it was definitely warmer than a suit without such "locking". When you can keep the water that gets in the suit, in the suit....your body heats it up, and it stays there. Keeping you warmer, longer, due to the fact that your not adding new water in the suit and having to warm it up again and again. The neoprene on these is supposed to be extremely stretchy and comfortable. Being a Henderson, I am sure it is.

So, my honest suggestion...buying a suit with such features DOES work, and will keep you warmer longer. In the end, you will always get cold. It all depends on how long you can postpone that :wink: Enjoy your new suits!!!!

I'd like to know how to compares to other semi-dry suits.

My Henderson Aqua Lock suit just arrived off of back-order last weekend and I tried it for the first time today.
I live in Hawaii and do a lot of photography, usually diving in a lined lycra suit with a hood and vest.

I recently bought some new booties and prefer thin gloves so I only purchased the hood plus 3mm suit.

First impressions were great - as mentioned above, it was easy to put on, take off, very comfortable and stretchy.
I've never tried any other semi-dry suits so I can't compare, but it kept me nice and warm for my 65 min dive today.

Back
Top Bottom