Aqua Exporers Doubles Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In a pinch you can also rig independent doubles using an STA, 4 cam straps and 2 triglides, d-ring or something similar: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=155699 (my attachments don't work because that feature is down on SB, but if you are registered on the decostop then you can see how to rig it from the links).

Not as nice as the aqua explorer bands, but it's light to travel with and cheap if you already have the STA and at least one pair of cam straps.

I dive independant doubles on occasion as well.

I found it better for me when traveling to just pack a thin pair of standard metal bands & bolts though, rather than the AE Doubles Band. The AE doubles band pinched my DR TP II in the middle a LOT and was uncomfortable for me.

I know this thread is old... but for "the archives" I needed 2 sets of travel bands and recently aquired both an Aqua Explorers set (thanks Floater) and, by accident, a Quick Draw Bracket set. The QDB was listed on Ebay as AE and I got a good deal thinking it was another AE... and ended up with a brand new QDB type for half price. Anyway, the QDB type is a little nicer, but lighter. It has the Scubapro type super stong SS cam bands vs. regular cam bands on the AE. The AE is slightly lower profile. If I had to pay full price I'd go with the AE, but if you can spare the cash the QDB is the "cadillac" of travel bands. A very nice product.

Previously I used a set of regular SS bands, but the ability to assemble doubles right next to my kayak instead of humping them down a slippery boat ramp on my back, or switch out one tank only in certain situations makes these a nice addition.

Back
Top Bottom