Aqua Exporers Doubles Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody have a good source for the "Aqua Explorers Ultimate Doubles Bands" ?

LeisurePro has them for $179.95 which does not seem an especially good price and I would prefer to buy elsewhere if possible.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I just phoned them and bought a pair for $105 + shipping. Thats $75 cheaper than Leisurepro!!!!!

I think that makes a grand total of at least 3 independant doubles divers on the board !

DA Aquamaster:
Try the Going Under Dive Center. I got a set there last year for $120.

http://www.goingunder.net/

ianr33:
I think that makes a grand total of at least 3 independant doubles divers on the board !

Make that four! I had to resurrect this thread just to join the smallest club on scubaboard. I set up a new bp/w rig and tried it out with some "travel bands" today. This wasn't my first time with two tanks (previously I'd just slung the second) but it was my first dive with a bp/w. I was worried that my trim would be all out of whack, but it actually felt very comfortable and correct. Just lucky with the set-up maybe? I swam along a ridge at 60' for 15 minutes to get the feel for how it maneuvered, then dropped over the side of the wall to 150'. Works like a charm...I need to let the should straps out a couple inches but other than that I don't think I need to add/move any weight around. Anyway, this thread is about independent doubles, not bp/w. I did my homework and read all the threads I could find on SB about this. I see that "travel band" systems get flamed alot by dual tankers, but for many reasons it was the right choice for me, rather than getting fixed bands. I decided to go with the twin system from Ultimate Products Corp rather than the Aqua Explorers model, even though it was significantly more expensive, because it looked like a better build to me and because I have previously used the UPC quick draw pony bracket and like it. So, tech divers, you may now begin your ridicule...

beezwax:
Make that four! I had to resurrect this thread just to join the smallest club on scubaboard. I set up a new bp/w rig and tried it out with some "travel bands" today. This wasn't my first time with two tanks (previously I'd just slung the second) but it was my first dive with a bp/w. I was worried that my trim would be all out of whack, but it actually felt very comfortable and correct. Just lucky with the set-up maybe? I swam along a ridge at 60' for 15 minutes to get the feel for how it maneuvered, then dropped over the side of the wall to 150'. Works like a charm...I need to let the should straps out a couple inches but other than that I don't think I need to add/move any weight around. Anyway, this thread is about independent doubles, not bp/w. I did my homework and read all the threads I could find on SB about this. I see that "travel band" systems get flamed alot by dual tankers, but for many reasons it was the right choice for me, rather than getting fixed bands. I decided to go with the twin system from Ultimate Products Corp rather than the Aqua Explorers model, even though it was significantly more expensive, because it looked like a better build to me and because I have previously used the UPC quick draw pony bracket and like it. So, tech divers, you may now begin your ridicule...
Ultimate products Corp?

Where is that and do u have its website address?

by the way what bcd r u using?

Thanks

beezwax:
Make that four! I had to resurrect this thread just to join the smallest club on scubaboard. .

You are nut! :wink:

sunkarm:
Ultimate products Corp?

Where is that and do u have its website address?

by the way what bcd r u using?

Thanks

I use it with a backplate/wing combo. No frills stainless steel bp, hog harness, OMS 45# wing. Now that I've used this system for several months I can say I'm really pleased with it. I've got a dive buddy who uses the Aqua Tech bands-- he has had no problems and they seem to work just fine. But I can say that when you put the Aqua Tech bands next to the Ultimate Products bands and compare them, the UPC bands are clearly superior. They are bigger, thicker, heavier, wider (i.e. much more contact area against the tanks = greater stability). Even though they are aluminum and the Aqua Tech is stainless steel, the UPC bands are machined, and the Aqua Tech are thin, folded sheet metal. The UPC bands also cost around $70 more. But after comparing them side by side I would still choose to pay the extra money, they are a definite cut above.

EDIT: I kept saying "Aqua Tech" but I meant the "Aqua Explorers" bands...

http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/index2.ivnu

Well, make it five, because I am also known to dive independent doubles. However, I use standard bands. the link above is to an interesting set of bands. N

Nemrod:
http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/index2.ivnu

Well, make it five, because I am also known to dive independent doubles. However, I use standard bands. the link above is to an interesting set of bands. N

That is a better than Aqua Explorers one that I have, but pricey.

The main difference between two bands is only the cam strap. The band is band! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom