Aqua Cat out of Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubagirlblues,
Myself and my wife are booked on the trip that week. I am an Instructor and my wife snorkels. Have dove in the Bahamas before but never on the Aquacat. Have heard nothing but good things about the trip and really looking forward to it!
Ken

I'm really looking forward to it as well! Have heard nothing but great things myself, and have friends who go frequently. Will be my first time diving in the Bahamas, so I'm sure I'm going to be thrilled. Wish it were tomorrow :wink:

We'll have to say hi when there! Where else have you been diving?

Thanks for your report.

My wife and I have done a lot of dive travel... Australia, Hawaii, Tahiti, Catalina Island, all around the Caribbean, and of course my home waters of the St. Lawrence river and Lake Ontario. Have never made it our to RI to dive... but have heard stories about Cape Ann diving.

Had considered the Aquacat, but decided to try "camping on the sea" aboard their sister ship (one of Blackbeard's) starting this Saturday. Have heard great things about the AquaCat and several friends have said they had a great time on Blackbeard's vessels as well.

Hi Scubagirlblues,
Myself and my wife are booked on the trip that week. I am an Instructor and my wife snorkels. Have dove in the Bahamas before but never on the Aquacat. Have heard nothing but good things about the trip and really looking forward to it!
Ken

kkozin,

Please post a review of your trip. I too am the diver and my GF is a snorkeler. I would love to hear what your wife thinks of the trip.

Thanks and have a great trip.

Happy bubbles,

~Oldbear~

Had considered the Aquacat, but decided to try "camping on the sea" aboard their sister ship (one of Blackbeard's) starting this Saturday. Have heard great things about the AquaCat and several friends have said they had a great time on Blackbeard's vessels as well.

Would love to hear about your trip! I want to do Blackbeard next... I'm an avid sailer and would love to combine the two sports. Not so easy to dive off our 26' Pearson, though... it's a tough climb back up the rope ladder :wink:

I was on the Aqua Cat in March for a week. The week started out a little questionable with the first meal of the strip getting a totally raw hamburger and what seemed like just average food.. But got considerably better after that as the food the rest of the week was fantastic. As for the diving, I dove all 26 offered dives and would say there were only a couple I that I thought were average to below average, but even those had a few nice things to see. The rest were good to excellent with several I came back thinking "WOW!" Many had nice sized reef sharks, and we even saw a nurse shark or two. Also saw turtles on several dives, including a massive loggerhead at the Blue Hole. Overall the experience was fantastic, and If the price were right I would be back on the boat again this year. If anything more "wishful thinking" can be said of the diving, if you like Nudibranchs, you will be fairly disappointed. We only saw one type the whole trip, (red tipped sea goddess) and that was at just a couple different dive sites, and not very many of them. You could find other macro critters though if you looked. But I would highly recommend the trip to all those thinking about it.

A week in the Bahamas is a great experience building trip. You'll be ready for the Flower Gardens in no time if you keep it up.

Lots of people posted here about going in February - SO WHERE ARE THE TRIP REPORTS - just asking!

Just returned from a week on the Aqua Cat. I have nothing negative to say, only positive. It was my first time in the Bahamas and my first live aboard. I don't have anything to compare it to but found it to be an excellent trip. Even flying through Miami on American Airlines wasn't so bad this time. Cleared customs in Nassau and it was all good.

I would suppose that there are reefs that are prettier and places to go that the life is more abundant. However, there was plenty to see and the boat is comfortable, the crew and the food were excellent.

One thing on the trip I found amazing. We did 2 drift dives on Wax Cut Cay. I was impressed that they could use the AquaCat for a live boat pickup. Everything was well planned and well orchestrated.

There is 1 thing that stuck out in my mind, there was always hot water and cold air.:D I have stayed in a lot of hotels and motels on land they couldn't say that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom