April roll call...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi everyone,

i hope i am not breaking any "unwritten" rules by posting my maiden message here :)

i am thinking about going to cosumel in late april-early may time frame to dive for the first time and was wondering what dive operators/accomodations i should consider...

any suggestions? or is my question way to general?

i am a newbie - have done less than 10 dives, but pretty confident... :)

i haven't developed any particular interests just yet - and open to any kind of diving, preferably with lots to see...

thanks

Just changed- Get Wet is now April 8-17. It was too short.

Sweet! So it looks like the 10th might be the best day for the FA crew to meet up. Anybody up for lunch or an evening drink at the beach bar?

I heard the Money Bar has a live band starting around 3pm on Sundays, might be fun to walk over and check that out if anyone wants to join my friend and I :cool2:

hi everyone,

i hope i am not breaking any "unwritten" rules by posting my maiden message here :)

i am thinking about going to cosumel in late april-early may time frame to dive for the first time and was wondering what dive operators/accomodations i should consider...

i haven't developed any particular interests just yet - and open to any kind of diving, preferably with lots to see...

thanks
Welcome aboard! You'll get a million different responses on who is the best dive op or hotel. Just go thumb through any of the countless threads on the subject you asked about. The Cozumel section is full of them.

hi everyone,

thanks

Hola! Welcome to Scuba Board!

I'll be diving in the warm blue Cozumel waters for the first time in a little under a week. I'M SOO EXCITED! :banana:

As 1KWIK said, thumb through the countless threads in the Cozumel forum and you'll find tons of helpful information to help you plan your vacation. There are All Inclusive Resorts, Bed and Breakfast and Dive Resort Packages available. Plus, there are tons of dive ops out there to choose from on the island.

My friend and I are staying at an All Inclusive Resort (Fiesta Americana) because it's easier for us (and the drinks are free!) and I will be diving with Dive with Martin. This is my first time diving with them and for me they were a great choice because of their outstanding track record with divers, their prices, and they include equipment rental in their prices. You just can't beat that! All of this can really add up on Coz making a one day - 2 tank dive trip $100+. But don't let cost deter you if you find a dive op that you feel really comfortable with. Anyhow, happy searching and hope you have fun here, I know I have!:wink:

Sweet! So it looks like the 10th might be the best day for the FA crew to meet up. Anybody up for lunch or an evening drink at the beach bar?

I heard the Money Bar has a live band starting around 3pm on Sundays, might be fun to walk over and check that out if anyone wants to join my friend and I :cool2:
Evening drink at the beach bar is possible.

Greetings, zMya

You can check out Scuba Mau next to the Villablanca Hotel. They are great with new divers, they'll enhance your level of confidence all in a safe and great atmosphere because with them, you are family.

So I volunteered to help Sharky update the April Roll Call List (with his permission of course:wink:)

….Wow there’s a lot of us going to Coz in April! :D

Annlaur – There all month

Ccannon707- 3/22 – 4/7, Hotel Fontan & Suites Vima, Caballito del Caribe + Victor Brito & Willie

JoeDoc- 3/27-4/9, didn’t state where or who

ScubaJoe86 - 3/30- 4/5 Cozumel Palace, Blue XTSea

BillinDenver - 3-31 - 4-7, diving Aldora

Spyder- 3/31 - 4/8, Wyndham/Sand Dollar

Kicker1866 – 1st - ?, Baracuda, no dive op listed

Flying Low – 1st – 3rd, Barracuda

Darol - 2nd - 9th, Hotel Cozumel

Pelagicsal – 2nd – 10th, Villa Aldora, Aldora

Mrs. K- possible 3rd – 11th, Iberostar/Dressell

Jewls – 4th – 18th, Fiesta Americana, Dive with Martin

Seawolf5 - April 5 to the 12, Villablanca, Scuba Mau & Aldora Divers

Orford – 7th - ?, Occidental Grand, Dive with Martin

Ff1diver – 7th – 13th, Dive Paradise

RescueDiver68- 8th – 11th, Fiesta Americana/Scuba Mau

Klee – 8th -12th, Fiesta Americana, Blue XTSea

Ff1diver – 8th – 13th, Suites Bahia, no dive op listed

GetWet- 8th – 17th, Fiesta Americana/Scuba Tony

Larpy – 9th – 14th, Iberostar, no dive op listed, assume Dressel

Gt68 – 9th – 17th, Hotel Coz., Bottom time divers (good choice!)

Mark Cridders – 10th -17th, Staying at Fiesta Americana, TBD

Trvlgrl – 10th – 19th, El Coz, not diving, but loves everything coz

1kwik69 – 10th – 17th, Casa Mexicana, Scuba Mau

Jeff MC – 13th -20th, Vista Del Mar & Aqua Safari

Woodman- 15th – 22nd, Plaza Cozumel/Sea Robin

Jeff488- 18th - 25th, Scuba Club

Warmwaterturner – 20th – 25th, Playa del Carmen, Blue Angel

Txdivecon – 20th – 5/1, Blue Angel, Blue Angel

Vannsbtch – 21st -26th, Sabor

Carnold- 22nd – 27th, Blue Angel

Joey1686 – 23rd – 30th, Allegro, Dive Palancar

Turk9 – 23rd – 30th, Suites Bahia, Aldora

Sharky60 – 22nd – May 2nd – Blue Angel Resort aka "Casa Sharky"

Aigtbootbp- 23rd – 30th, Wyndham/Sand Dollar

Rje634- 23rd – 30th, El Cid/BlueXTSea

Buckeye jeff – 23rd – 30th, Hotel Coz., Dive Paradise

Scuba Steve – 24th – 29th, Wyndham/Sabor, TBD?

Phras- 26th – 5/3, Casa del Mar/Dive with Alison

So I volunteered to help Sharky update the April Roll Call List (with his permission of course:wink:)

….Wow there’s a lot of us going to Coz in April! :D....

THANKX AGAIN!!! :d

We are a definite at the Iberostar! Just paid Dressel! :D

….Wow there’s a lot of us going to Coz in April! :D
I'm gonna have to double space the May list. :D

Back
Top Bottom