April Fooling Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheeper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Friday is April Fool's Day! And i'm not fooling when i say "i'm going diving". Conditions should be great, water is getting warm, viz is better and better. So come join me on the Down Deep for a 9am dive trip. Please be at the dock not later than 8:30am. Call Matt at the shop (772 - 600 - 8288) and tell him you're April Fooling with me!
April Fooling

A quick trip report for our April 1 dive. I was working as DM on Stuart Scuba's Down Deep so i only did our second dive. We dropped on Tunnels, a favorite dive site known for it's "sharkiness". Well it did not disappoint. Our drop was perfect on top of the reef and right in between a friendly reef shark and a green turtle. Viz was a good 30'-40', water temp 76 with a mild north current. There was a tremendous display of big life there. Sharks were just everywhere cruising the reef. Caribbean Reef sharks, nurse sharks and even a pair of lemon sharks and towards the end a fat bull shark in the distance. If i was not looking at a shark, then i was looking at turtles! Turtles were just everywhere. Big loggerheads and small green turtles (even some small juveniles). And of course the resident Goliath Grouper came around to say hi.
As if that was not enough, as i started my ascent, a huge loggerhead swam past me about 4 feet away. As i peered at him over my shoulder, he turned back to look at me then circled back around and circled me. He then swam around me again and then right at me. He passed by me and tapped my shoulder with hin flipper as it to say "hi paul! good to see ya". Awesome day and a boat full of happy divers.!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom