April 12 - McAbee Beach Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are our second day of diving reports. The weather was amazing and so was the water conditions.. well except for the vis.

Todays first dive started with our swim out to maybe 50′ or so before the kelp wall. We ascended and headed to the right towards the canary pipes. We made it to the pipes fairly quickly and thats when we stated exploring around. There wasn’t an immense array of life out here today, but if you looked closely you could find quite a bit.

The ocean was just like glass today, unbelievable!

DIVE #7: 22′ Depth for 00:50 minutes with 52F water temperatures. We had again about 10-15′ but down to probably 5-10′ at some points of vis.

After our 2:03 minute SI (which put us into pressure group A) we went back in for our second dive. I had some issues on this dive. At the beginning I had cleared my mask and apparently got at least some salt water in my eye. I was blinking quite a bit and I guess a little hard at times in the beginning of the dive to try and get rid of the burn. At this point I thought all was well even though there was a little burn from what I thought was the salt water still.

We swam out under water past all the kelp and then went to the right. We then swam along the outer kelp and rocks. Slightly ahead of where we were was the channel drop off. While swimming I was still blinking some due to the irritation in my eyes. We saw quite a few things that I hadn’t seen before, some very large white with black striped anenomies, and some very large yellow and white nudibranch’s. There were also quite a few fish over by one of the pipes that had a large number of kelp plants growing off of it.

DIVE #8: 34′Depth for 00:40 minutes with 52F water temperatures. We had again about 10-15′ and at times 5-10′ vis.

To read the rest of both reports in their entirety see this link.

Hey Brandon,

Just read your dive reports on your blog. I'm jealous of your dive in the nice smooth ocean since I couldn't make it out this weekend.

Sorry to hear about your eye. I know the stinging pain, I got sand in one of my eyes during a dive. It was stinging for 20 mins until we surfaced and I could yank off my glove and get it out. Not quite sure how that happened with a mask on though...

Yea im not quite sure what was up. The redness cleared up pretty fast, but it was the pressure I felt in my neck that was weird. By Monday when I was back in the water all was fine, so im going with sunblock in the eye!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom