April 10/11 ... Annapolis/Sea Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, I'm definitely interested in helping out with the Annapolis, and it's something I've been meaning to do even before I moved out to the coast! Next few weeks are touch and go, but the 10th might work out for me to volunteer if my little ferret's not in surgery around then. (poor bugger) Hopefully later in April and afterward I can help out more.

I do have a few tools including my giant torque-wrench (ssshhh don't tell anyone I use it as a breaker bar) :p

As for diving, well, my budget is limited for the next little while (re: the aforementioned ferret surgery) so I'm stuck to shore diving for the time being.

So Todd, Hunter, myself, and Kyle from the lower mainland have booked with Jan & Kevin on the Sea Dragon for the charter on the 11th. Will be our first time out with them on their new boat. Looking forward to meeting some of the divers from Washington.

Cheers

Stuart

I was up in Vancouver yesterday working on the Annapolis and found out that Sea Dragon has a new (to them) boat. Looks like a very nice boat with a roomy, enclosed back end. Ideal for northwest conditions.

Anyway, I'll be back up on the Annapolis on April 10th ... and trying to put together a group to dive off the Sea Dragon on the 11th. Would love it if some of you locals could come out and join in the fun.

For that matter, if any of y'all want to join us on the 10th, Howie is planning a major extraction of materials off the ship. We spend yesterday dismantling a great deal of equipment from the boiler room ... cutting pipes, removing valves and motors, and hoisting everything up to the Burma Road deck, then back to the rear of the ship for sorting. Grueling work ... but rewarding in its own way.

If anyone wants to help out on the 10th, or dive on the 11th, drop me a line. Would really enjoy hooking up with y'all ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hey i'm moving to the sunshine coast in about 2 weeks so i can't help out on the 10th. But i would be willing to help out after. I don't have really alot of tools maybe a grinder and buffer but i am a journeyman red seal welder and i have alot of welding rod that i could donate and i would love to donate my skill as a welder as well. so if you guys need any welding or cutting done i would try and help out as much as i could! even if you don't have any welding to do i would love to be a part of this !

So Todd, Hunter, myself, and Kyle from the lower mainland have booked with Jan & Kevin on the Sea Dragon for the charter on the 11th. Will be our first time out with them on their new boat. Looking forward to meeting some of the divers from Washington.

Cheers

Stuart

Fantastic! So far four of us from the dive club are committed, with another "maybe".

It'll be great hooking up with y'all ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hey i'm moving to the sunshine coast in about 2 weeks so i can't help out on the 10th. But i would be willing to help out after. I don't have really alot of tools maybe a grinder and buffer but i am a journeyman red seal welder and i have alot of welding rod that i could donate and i would love to donate my skill as a welder as well. so if you guys need any welding or cutting done i would try and help out as much as i could! even if you don't have any welding to do i would love to be a part of this !

Oh, I'm sure Howie can find a good use for your skills. Let us know when you get here, and are ready to get started.

Probably the best thing to do would be contact Howie or Dierdre at ARSBC and arrange to join a work party ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I talked to Jan ... we now have 10 divers on the trip. Perhaps a few more to sign up.

Meet time is 8:30 AM on the dock at Horseshoe Bay.

Hot drinks and water are provided ... I'll bring along some snackage for everyone to share.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey Bob, (or anyone else) are they going to open up the boiler room for divers? Are they removing gauges from the console? You know there are 2 gauges on either side of the console marked water level with a +10 to -10 scale. Those gauges have about a lb of mercury in them. Might want to get them out.
Also the boiler steam pressure gauges near the center of the console which have a red line at the 550psi mark. I would like to get my hands on one if any of that stuff is going for sale. (I prefer Morrison or Ashcroft to Winters gauges if there is a choice)
Do you have blueprints of the Annapolis? I have some if you want.

Howdy Dave ...

Yes, plans are to open the boiler room for diving.

You'll need to talk to Howie if there's something specific you want off the ship ... I know he's looking to sell as much stuff as possible to help defray expenses. That's one reason we're recovering all the copper and aluminum stuff we can take off before she goes down.

Bradner ... sorry you won't be joining us. If you'd previously contacted Jan, could you please let her know so she doesn't hold those spots? Someone else might want them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom