appreciating the simpler things.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omicron once bubbled...
She said that once I go diving in the tropics I'll never dive anywhere else again...I started laughing! She asked me what I thought was so funny....she had this perspective on diving that it is something to do while you are on vacation....me...I look at diving as the reason to go somewhere on vacation. I love diving. I'm obsessed. I go on dives in little 15 acre 30ffw lakes where the only thing to see is the anchor some guy dropped 10 years ago.

There is nothing like blowing bubbles....I can't wait for the next time.

I can't agree with you more. Whenever I talk about going somewhere, the first question in my mind is "is there somewhere there I can dive?"

and all the rest who just like being underwater. I even like the dives where you literally can see nothing at all. For me there is no point in leaving Ky unless there is diving involved.

Okay! You guys win. I am convinced. Tonight I'm going to slip under the cover of the neighbors pool, chip through the ice, and dive in the two feet of unfrozen water between the eighteen inches of ice and the bottom of the pool. Seriously, I have had this discussion on other threads. You will all be happy (or dismayed) to learn that I will be doing my first fresh water diving in the Thousand Islands this summer. If I hadn't found this board I never would have tried it. Thanks.

would say--you're being assimilated. Soon you will see the true light:)

Resistance is futile!

I'm thinking that the 72 degree water of ginnie speings is downright warm!

It is a wonderful luxury to have so many great diving opprotunities near me.

:)

Some of my friends that dive do not understand why I get excited about diving at the local grotto. They say the viz is bad (I don't think 20' is that bad compared to what I've read in some of the other posts) that is cold (oh boo hoo, cry me a river and drown in it) and that there is nothing to see. I love diving. That's enough of a reason for me.

Amber:)

You got it Amber...it's fun enough just being in the water.

And Rice...as far as you being near Ginnie goes....well...I have a few word for ya, but I don't think I should post them here..hehe. The water has got about 8 inches of ice on it right now around here!!!

more simpler things ...

first dive saturday was 40 minutes of flat bottom, murky viz and a gazillion shrimp goby (i like them by the way). then we saw a rope and lo and behold, it led to a discarded fishing net :( stuck to a sunken wooden trawler (wasn't much of the wood left, more of the rusted metal encrusted with hard and soft coral).

the weird thing was we saw a fish, still alive, stapped amongst the net. i can see how the little fella is stressed out. the net was wrapped all around it's body, including a couple of strands across the jaw. me handling it didn't help either. but it was that or death to the fish. so i cut away. (note to self - get a back-up cutting device - shears preferably).

we did our safety stop, and when we go to the surface, saw these ominous fins but was clearly not sharks. turned out they were a group (pod ?) of 5 or so juvie marlin (or looked like it) about 1.5M long.

what started out as humble expectations just to get wet once ended as a dive filled with good stuff. a DM i know said - you go find the good things about the dive, there's bound to be some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom