Apple Watch Ultra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

…having an AI receiver in the camera case that relayed cylinder pressure to the Oceanic app on the phone is entirely technically feasible.

We were talking about AI on the Apple Watch Ultra, remember? If you're diving with an iPhone, in an Oceanic case, obviously the Oceanic housing app has access to housing data, which is already displayed on the iPhone screen. So- not sure what your point here is…

I've worked with Apple as a software partner, spent time in Cupertino with their devs & marketing people- been at WWDC … presented alongside Apple & had Apple engineers as friends. I'd expect there are others here who have such experience with Apple from the inside, but I'm pretty sure it's not a long list.
Is that you, Tim?

The Apple Watch Ultra 2 includes a dive log feature (no Oceanic app required). For casual divers, this may be as much as they'll ever need. Actually, I think this will also work with Apple Watch Ultra 1, when the new OS is released. See pic:

Apple-Watch-Ultra-2.jpg

That‘s pretty interesting. Where did you find that? Looks to me like diving will be a listed activity for the Fitness app, lots of post dive detail. Does this mean there will be a way of setting dive metrics and monitoring a dive using the Fitness app? Will Apple open up the API? Guess we’ll find out more next week. I‘d do the public beta update now but I’m too tired after today’s dives.

That pretty interesting. Where did you find that?

That’s a screenshot from Apple’s event video (below). Doesn’t seem to be much additional info available about it anywhere, as far as I can see. Btw tomorrow you can get the official, consumer release of iOS 17, plus the new watchOS.

I don’t have any more info than others, but I got the impression that this is just nicer logging of depth, time, temp, and location. There isn’t an actual algorithm running to give you an NDL

…I got the impression that this is just nicer logging of depth, time, temp, and location.

Yes- that's what it looks like. Plus, log info is accessible on the watch.

It’s great they did that. It was ridiculous trying to find the logs previously. The new logs look really good

Back
Top Bottom