Apostale Islands-Lake Superior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Fisher

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has ever dove the Apostale Islands, Lake Superior?
I was recently in the Upper Penninsula hiking and was made aware of the islands.
I found one charter boat on the internet, so it seems that folks are diving this location.
I would like to hear ANY details you may have concerning these islands and the prospect of diving them...
thanks...Bill

Bill Fisher:
I'm wondering if anyone has ever dove the Apostale Islands, Lake Superior?
I was recently in the Upper Penninsula hiking and was made aware of the islands.
I found one charter boat on the internet, so it seems that folks are diving this location.
I would like to hear ANY details you may have concerning these islands and the prospect of diving them...
thanks...Bill

I run a charter out of Duluth MN to the Apostle Islands and have dove the Keewanaw Pennisula as well. The Apostle wrecks are generally shallow 60ft. or less. Most are somewhat flat however the Lucerne is a nice dive. There has been a discovery not known to alot of folks in the Apostles called the "Marquette". This is 140+ and no numbers released till the finders dive it and get it on the Historical Registry for preservation. Another similar situation is the T.H. Camp at 180 ft. Same problem with the numbers for locating.
The Mesquite is a great dive near Copper Harbor and the Langham another good site near Lac Labelle. Mesquite is a Coast Gaurd cutter in 120ft. to the sand with many penetrations.
Come join us in Duluth Mn for a dive on the Thomas Wilson sometime, love to have you aboard!!!!
MNJ

MNJ,

Thanks for the reply!
I checked out your site too.
I'll definitely look you up the next time I'm up your way.
Thanks,
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom