Apollo Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my own experience, they are not so great in strong currents—definitely prefer my Jetfins.

r00t0fallevil:
Thanks for the reply Vie. I guess I should try:

http://www.scubapro.com/products/fms/f_jet_fin/f_jet_fin.asp

Thanks again!
-r00t

Try BOTH—see what you think. I use both the Apollo Bio-fins and the Jetfins and I must say that I pretty much use the Jetfins exclusively now. The Bio-fins are much lighter and faster but most of the time I don’t need to be fast. My Jetfins are suited to ALL conditions, are smaller and easier to pack, not to mention virtually indestructible. The spring heel straps are a good idea—I’ve never used the Scubapro spring heels but they seem very similar to my Halcyon/EE.

I've tried the Apollo Bio Fins but I still prefer my Scubapro Twins Jets, works well for me both underwater & on the surface. Should try them out before buying to see which one works for u...

I've used my Tusa Zoom's in all water conditions and they performed excellent...heck I even use them with my doubles now without any discomfort or problems in propulsion.

A lot of people don't know them thus have nothing good to say about them, there is even a group of divers who despise them because their cult leader said they are bad and consider it dangerous and life threatening.

Good fin but they just dont deliver that PUNCH I need when I'm just in grabbing distance. You have to keep up a rapid flutter kick (at least I do) in order to make them deliver. I find that I CO2 a lot quicker with splits in current. Jets are my choice, but YOU have to swim your kit so get what suits YOU.

Back
Top Bottom