Apollo Bio-tank Locks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use one and have been very satisfied with it just dont over tighten them otherwise it tends to jam. The only drawback I see with mine is the need to adjust it before going to a different size tank (minor inconvenience). It also makes the boat crews in Mexico look at it funny.

Web Monkey:
Just swap out your strap for the ScubaPro strap. The buckle is metal, and I've never had the tank loosen even a little.

Terry

I also change my Seaquest Black Diamond's cam band to ScubaPro one. Cause with the old one, i twice expereince the tank falling off, lucky i was on the surface already. Since i switch to Scubapro is perfect.

Thanks for all the info. From your feedback, it sounds like the perfect girl's strap... That's a nice boost for my male ego :)

A few mentioned overtightening. Is there a process you have to keep from over tightening yours?

Jarrett:
Thanks for all the info. From your feedback, it sounds like the perfect girl's strap... That's a nice boost for my male ego :)

A few mentioned overtightening. Is there a process you have to keep from over tightening yours?

Jarrett: The key thing is to leave 3/8-1/2" space between the buckles. The spring tension is 10x that of the regular cam lock models. More details, including the instruction manual @ www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Accessories/Tank_Lock.htm

Thanks MDB. I just ordered a new Dive Rite Transplate setup and the dealer recommended the Bio-tank locks saying he used them on all his rigs. I like your fins so much, I figured I might as well give it a try :)

Jarrett:
Thanks MDB. I just ordered a new Dive Rite Transplate setup and the dealer recommended the Bio-tank locks saying he used them on all his rigs. I like your fins so much, I figured I might as well give it a try :)

Jarrett: IMHO you made two great choices. Dive-Rite is a good company. Many of us @ Apollo have known Lamar and his crew for years. Adding the bio-tank locks to your Transplate should make for a very good diving solution.

Just curious why people buy these...
The cambands that came standard on my Eclipse are tight enough that nothing short of a nuclear explosion is going to take them off my tank.

SparticleBrane:
Just curious why people buy these...
The cambands that came standard on my Eclipse are tight enough that nothing short of a nuclear explosion is going to take them off my tank.

I could never explain it. My current cam bands on my DSS are bomber. The single on my sea quest SUCKED for everyone that tried and the Bio solved a very real problem. The only reaon I haven't sold it is because I carry it with me in case I or anyone else has the same problem. It takes 2 seconds to switch out and it's a guaranteed fix.

Jarrett:

Don't bother. They're a complete waste of time. The adjustment when moving to different size tanks is more than a PITA. I dumped mine in Belize when overtightening cost me a dive.

Amazing. Apollo make such a mix. Great fins...and useless gizmos like air moisturisers and tank locks .

Back
Top Bottom