Apollo bio fin sizing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

I am looking to get a new pair of Apollo Bio Fins. I wear a size 9 boot, and use a soft soled 3 mm for warm water diving and a rigid soled 6.5 mm Deep See boot for abalone diving. Was hoping to get a pair which would fit comfortably both boots. I did try a medium Bio Fin in my 3 mm which seemed to fit ok. However I did not have my 6.5 mm at the time and did not try the large.

Looking at past posts it seems like a large Bio Fin would be the best option for me. Never had natural rubber fins before so am not used to the foot pocket feet. Any suggestions? Personal experiences? Does the Bio Fin run generally large or tight?

Thanks

Hi ScubaERDoc:

I wear a size 8 hard sole boot (7mm) made by Xcel of Hawaii when I dive with my wetsuit. My size 9 Scubapro Fjord drysuit boots work just as nice with them as well. I use a medium size Apollo Bio Fin. They're great fins that propel you easily and with very little effort. A bit off post but lose the standard plastic buckles and install the spring straps. You won't to back to the old plastic buckles, ever again.

C

ScubaERDoc: Claudehl gave you good advice. The size medium should be fine for both your boot choices. The soft natural rubber oval shaped foot pocket should be snug but not tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom