Apo reef or Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
What is better for snorkeling and diving - Apo reef or Bohol ? Is there a big difference between these two spots? Is the Apo reef also for dive beginners (because I have dived only few times) ? Thank you for every information.

Hi Mesje,

Apo reef is very far from Bohol. I think you may be confused in that area. I think you're referring to Apo island which is just of the coast of Dumaguete and close to Bohol. Apo reef is of the coast of MIndoro and can be accessible through liveaboard. I don't think you'd want to go on a liveaboard on go snorkeling. :)

Never dove in Bohol, but Balicasag island has very good reviews. (i have to within the year) but Apo island was great! It has the wildest currents, so just stay close to the reef so you can hold on. You can experience Up, Down, left right current in one dive. Its fun, and for sure you'll see the school of Jacks.

There's another thread somewhere in PPD that can give you more info on the 2 island.

Cheers :)

depends on what you are looking for but imho i would suggest bohol instead as there is plenty of snorkelling and scubadiving. with apo reef you are on a liveaboard and the sites are not quite suitable for snorkelling although very much doable. apo reef is known for there vertical walls that go really deep big pelagics and strong current at certain times of the year.

Alona Beach (and Balicasag) is perfect for beginners. Not too much current, lovely wall dives and lots of nice sites accessible by short boat rides. Apo Reef may be a bit far out to go if you're not that comfortable onboard.

Back
Top Bottom