Apex Mares Oceanic (Nees some Help!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talatulu

New
Reaction score
wondering what to choose:

Apex TX50
oceanic PX3 Delta 8
Mares MR-12

pls help ! I cant decide for weeks already
10Q:06:

btw, it's Apeks. The TX50 is a larger old style second stage that is very reliable - the choice of first stage would depend on whether you plan to use it with singles (DST, a first stage with a swivel turret) or doubles (DS4 - fixed first stage).

I have never heard of a Delta 8 - the newest one in the series is Delta 4. The old PX2 or PX3 + Delta 3 is a really nice reg, btw.

I've never used the MR12 but it has a good reputation and many choices of second stages (Axis, Proton etc.)

The ATX50 is usually sold with the DST first stage - it's a very nice setup. OTOH, you might be able to find a set of PX3/Delta 3 for a better price (in the US). The PX3 also offers great hose routing for a single tank setup.

again made a mistake as there is no such a thing delta 8 I ment Alpha 8

DO you know if the oceanic fit to YOK and DEAN ?? couse i know the Apeks dose.. so now the apeks leads...

I know that you can get an Alpha 8 Sport (SP-5 first stage) with DIN or Yoke. Not sure about the PX3/Alpha 8, although I don't see why not.

just fixing...
oceanic px3 alpha8 din or yoke?
apeks atx50
mr12 reble

is there any other opinion???

I have regs from each of these manufactures.

My Mares is V16 Proton and I have issues with it at depths over about 130, I therefore use it in the pool and in the keys or other tropical settings (I haven't tried it in the cold, becuase after the previous problems I haven't tried it in cold water)

I have an Oceanic Delta, that I don't let touch the water. It has free-flowed on me several times, and I have several other friends with the same reg that have the same problem.

OTOH I have the APEKS AXT 200 and I can't say enough good things about that regulator. Cold water, deep, it does it all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom