Apeks XTX 200 advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megs.wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been offered an Apeks XTX 200 FSR First Stage with XTX40 second stages which appear to be in pretty good shape. Its from 2008 and costs $300.

Is this a good deal or is there better out there?

Your advice is much appreciated

You will need to factor in service costs unless it has just been serviced which could add another $150 (I'm not from the US). IMO $300 ready to dive is a fair price $450 not so much.

Where I live, that reg would retail for close to $1500. (I got mine from an army base in the States for just under $500.) My experience with reg servicing in the States (FL) is about $60 under warranty; not sure what it would've been if it required parts outside of warranty.

Are you sure both 2nd stages are XTX 40s? I ask because mine came with a 200 (primary) and 40 (octo).

Regardless, Apeks regs are highly reputable and reliable. FWIW, I'd think it better to buy a high-quality reg used than pay the same for a mediocre reg new...

Where I live, that reg would retail for close to $1500. (I got mine from an army base in the States for just under $500.) My experience with reg servicing in the States (FL) is about $60 under warranty; not sure what it would've been if it required parts outside of warranty.

Are you sure both 2nd stages are XTX 40s? I ask because mine came with a 200 (primary) and 40 (octo).

Regardless, Apeks regs are highly reputable and reliable. FWIW, I'd think it better to buy a high-quality reg used than pay the same for a mediocre reg new...

Good point I didn't notice that op said two XTX 40 seconds. You can of course buy them separately so it's possible it was bought that way or has been made up from spares.

I bought an FSR 1st stage and two XTX50 seconds as didn't want to pay the premium for some chrome. Agree great regs, I've been diving two sets of Apeks for some years with zero problems, a little wet when inverted but other than that no complaints.

If the price is indeed for an FSR 1st and two XTX40s then personally I def wouldn't pay more than $300.

You can of course change the 40 to 50s by adding the adjustment knob I did that with my ATX40s pretty simple job took about 15 mins just need to find someone who won't gouge you on the parts, from dealers Apeks parts are often ridiculously expensive.

I wouldn't pay $300 for that given the two 2nds are XTX40s and they are that old. There was a guy selling an XTX200 setup (DIN though) with I think an XTX200 2nd and XTX50 octo for something like $365 that supposedly was almost brand new and only had 20 recent dives on it. Much better deal IMHO. I almost bought it myself. Just look through the classifieds.

Looks like you already asked the guy if it's still available. I guess it looks like it doesn't come with an octo but 3 months old that is a pretty good deal on a reg that usually sells for $699+ if I remember right.

It is DIN though in case you are looking for yolk.

I have a brand new never been wet yoke DS4 with matching ATX50 seconds, new braided 5ft primary with bolt snap and bungee necklace, braided 22" backup, Kevlar 24" HP and braided 18" BC hose with 2" Highland brass and glass SPG with bolt snaps for $500/¥50,000 also includes new original yellow octo face plate etc in case someone wants to swap backup to standard PADI configuration, with original Apeks yellow and black rubber hoses, also original Apeks face plate tool and lever setting tool...for example.

---------- Post added October 28th, 2013 at 01:43 AM ----------

Guess I should list it in classifieds lol...

---------- Post added October 28th, 2013 at 01:44 AM ----------

If anyone's interested PM me I'll split the freight.

Hey everyone,

I have been offered an Apeks XTX 200 FSR First Stage with XTX40 second stages which appear to be in pretty good shape. Its from 2008 and costs $300.

Is this a good deal or is there better out there?

Your advice is much appreciated

Bad Deal!

Dive Addicts are selling it for $399

Also Apeks/Aqualung are offering a free octo with purchase. So if you are able to stack the deal then you are better off buying new.

Wow. I paid $600 for my FSR/XTX200/XTX40, and that was a good deal in July...

I think the US retailers are clearing out their old stock XTX for the new models which have been available since early this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom