apeks xl4+ - pressure issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi everyone

I purchased an apeks xl4+ as backup spare tank regulator

I noticed immediately that it doesn't pressurize as vividly as my Scuba Pro S620 Ti.

Meaning when I turn on my spare tank (13 cf), it doesn't pressurize as spiritedly as my SP S620 Ti.
Same when I turn off the valve and de-pressurize.
It hisses the air out of the second stage for a good fifteen seconds.
Whereas my S620 Ti de-pressurizes in a second and very abrutply.

Same when I press the purge button on the apeks xl4+ second stage. No gust of air.

Is this normal?

I haven't dived with it yet.

I can post videos soon.

Air draining out slowly after turning off is residual air in HP hose, maybe the orifice is smaller on the Apeks or maybe some minor blockage. You could try swapping HP hoses and SPGs between regs to eliminate any blockage in the HP hose SPG combo as being the culprit.

Air draining out slowly after turning off is residual air in HP hose, maybe the orifice is smaller on the Apeks or maybe some minor blockage. You could try swapping HP hoses and SPGs between regs to eliminate any blockage in the HP hose SPG combo as being the culprit.

The OP also started a similar thread here and I answered just the same.

I recall the same spg on my scubapro setup had fast release.

I'll eliminate the spgby removing it from apeks and also by appending it to the scubapro.

Here's s video from today
Apeks

Compared to my s 620 ti on mk 25 Evo

My DST and DS4 would drain somewhere in the middle of those two. If you have concerns then I suggest you try them out in a pool before you take them on a dive as you say you haven't dived with them yet.

Back
Top Bottom