Apeks service in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know the topic on Legend LX vs ATX200 has been done to death on SB (I know, I just spend 3 hours last night reading all the threads!!), and the upshot is that they're pretty much on par with eachother as two of the best regs on the market at the moment.

Here in Aus, all Aqualung products are distributed by Aquanaut, and all dive shops in Melbourne that stock the Aquanaut products will sell both the ATX200 and Legend LX at AU$1195, and most of them will knock off 10%. My preference at this point is for the Apeks, but that preference is mainly cosmetic. (Now, if they'd sell me Legend LX with the Supreme purge cover its a step in the right diretion...)

The big difference between the two peoducts here is that so far of the 4 shops I've spoken to, three of them tell me that only the Aqualung is covered by lifetime parts, and the fourth told me that both Aqualung and Apeks are covered.

Are there any Apeks-owning Aussies on the board who can shed any light for me?

(Hmm.. after reading that it sounds like a pretty long-winded prelude to a simple question.. oh well)

OK then, if no-one is going to pipe in to answer, I'll do it myself!

I called Aquanaut this morning to ask about this, and spoke to a very helpful individual who seemed to know what he was talking about. Aquanaut only provide the "free parts for life" policy with Aqualung regs, not with Apeks. In fact he wasn't even aware that this program was available for Apeks regs in the states.

He also went on to say that he didn't think that it was actually as good a deal as it is made out to be, and that since it is a requirement that the regs are serviced every year within a month of their purchase anniversary, quite a large number of the "lifetime" deals lapse and are henced nullified. Although as mentioned on in other threads, they must be relying on the LDSs to police this - I can't imagine them doing an audit on it!

Or maybe he's just talking down the program because Aqualung prefer not to have to provide the parts for free!

Back
Top Bottom