Apeks Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sb_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the local dive shops has an TX50 and an TX100 in the shop that I was told they were willing to let go for 300 bucks.. How much do they usually go for? I don't know and the guy in the shop wasn't familiar w/ the first stages so I don't know which ones they were. One of them had a swivel and the other one had all the LP ports kind of at an angle pointing up. Is 300 a good deal? I think he said 300 for the 50 and a little more for the 100. Whats the difference between the 50 and the 100. Thanks a lot

Thomas

$300 is a good price for either of the regs. Internally they're both the same and they both breathe same. The ATX50 has the swivel turret . The ATX100 has no turret. I think the hose routing is better on the ATX100. You can't go wrong with either, especially at that price.

I would agree that the price is great. Make sure that the regs look new and aren't old or something stupid. The 100 eliminates the swivel turret(an arguable filure point) and provides the mentioned improvements on hose routing. Although most are not able to notice the difference between the two in breathing, the 100 does breathe better. Pick it up while you can.

Buy it............

I'm now the proud owner of a TX 100 and a TX 50. 300 each from my LDS. They're downsizing their selection and don't want to carry the Apeks any more. Now they're only carrying Oceanic and Atomic Regs

So I've got the TX50 and the TX100 now, I'm trying to decide how I want to set up my new regs now. I already have a reg set up w/ a primary and octo(IDI Osprey and Osprey Octo) I'm thinking I'll just keep my old regs set up how they are as a back up and put the TX50 as an octo on my TX100. OR I could break down the old set up and put my old primary on my the first stage of my TX100 and the octo on the first stage of my TX50... I'm going to ask the tech at the shop what the IP is set to and then ask about the normal IP range for my old regs to make sure they don't free flow because they don't have any adjustment knobs.

Thomas

sb_diver:
So I've got the ATX50 and the ATX100 now, I'm trying to decide how I want to set up my new regs now. I already have a reg set up w/ a primary and octo(IDI Osprey and Osprey Octo) I'm thinking I'll just keep my old regs set up how they are as a back up and put the ATX50 as an octo on my ATX100. OR I could break down the old set up and put my old primary on my the first stage of my ATX100 and the octo on the first stage of my ATX50... I'm going to ask the tech at the shop what the IP is set to and then ask about the normal IP range for my old regs to make sure they don't free flow because they don't have any adjustment knobs.

Thomas

Are you diving twin cylinders or stages?

If you are diving singles, I'd put the 50 as an octo on the 100 1st stage and away you go. If doubles, use both regs - one 1st and one 2nd per post.

They are great regs and you won't have any problems with freeflows providing you keep them well maintained. I've had my old old DST 1st stage + TX50 second in 4 degree C water and had a small freeflow (small stream of bubbles) - but the LDS told me the reg needs a new body because the previous owner didn't maintain it properly.

I'm going to be diving singles. So I'll probably just put the 50 w/ the 100.

sb_diver:
I'm now the proud owner of a TX 100 and a TX 50. 300 each from my LDS. They're downsizing their selection and don't want to carry the Apeks any more. Now they're only carrying Oceanic and Atomic Regs
Good move on your part, bad move on theirs. The worst thing you can do is make people buy a certain kind of reg.

TX101:
They are great regs and you won't have any problems with freeflows providing you keep them well maintained. I've had my old old DST 1st stage + TX50 second in 4 degree C water and had a small freeflow (small stream of bubbles) - but the LDS told me the reg needs a new body because the previous owner didn't maintain it properly.
I don't know about that one. Owner maintenance has very little to do with the internals of the first stage. either way great regs even under the ice. I just found that with the adjustment all the way open it did trickle a little so i tightened it a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom