Apeks Reg Closeouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not buy online from North East Scuba Supply again. I have no reason to trust that I will receive things I paid for or at least get my emails replied.

I would not buy online from North East Scuba Supply again. I have no reason to trust that I will receive things I paid for or at least get my emails replied.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, They even refunded 6 dollars from my last order after the shipping charges came in less than expected, I appreciate this type of honesty.

I appreciate this type of honesty.

I purchased 4 tank valves, a yellow octo holder and some other items. The NESS obviously has made an "executive decision": In the attached sheet they had stroken through "yellow" in my order and written "pink" instead and also shipped a pink one. Pink!
04.gif
A black one would be acceptable, but I threw away the pink one. Then, they shipped trhee valves instead of four. In the sheet was written, that the valves were sold out, but they are planning to contact OMS to get some more. They promissed to send me the fourth one later. No need to say, that they didn't. What is really appalling, however, that they ignore me since then. I wrote numerous emails - no reply. I called NESS from Latvia. The man on phone told me that John were not there, but he would make sure that John reads my mails and contacts me. About half a year has passed since then - no reaction whatsoever. I tried to email them few weeks ago - no reply, of course.

I understand that things can go wrong. I have purchased most of my gear from DRIS, Scuba Toys. It happened that some things were not shipped or did not fit. That's life. With Joe in Scuba Toys, with Mike in DRIS it took few hours, sometimes just minutes to get in touch and to solve all issues. With NESS it was a totally different experience. I really don't know - is the lost money a tuition to pay for a lesson, which companies to beware? I don't care for the few bucks, but such an attitude really surprises me. If I did something wrong, they could at least email me that I am an idiot but ignoring me I consider unacceptable for a business who wants to be respected and trusted.

You don't feel manly enough wearing pink octo holder ???

No, just dont like to expose my hidden desires in such an ostentatious manner.

So far John at Northeast has been very helpful. He responded promptly to several emails with questions I had and also resolved a final question via phone. Based on the treatment he gave me I am confident I will be pleased with the Apeks reg set I ordered. Thanks John.

Following up on my last post in a NESS thread, I recently had a much better experience with them. Ordered some valves, a shirt, and a pirate flag (never have to guess which float is mine) and as usual bit the bullet on overpriced shipping...for $15 per 3500psi freshly rebuilt 7/8" DIN valves, I'll put up with a good bit of shipping charges. 10 minutes after ordering I get a call from John letting me know the valves are out of stock and the shipping was higher than it should have been regardless, and asking what I'd like to do. I said scratch the valves and ship me the rest at whatever USPS flat rate priority container was cheapest. They said no problem, and we'll call you when we get more valves in.

That was Tuesday am Hawaii time; my order was just delivered today. After the refund for the out of stock items and the shipping overage, total shipping cost was about $6.

Since I'm too lazy to go find my last post, I'll say that the last experience was not bad, just overpriced shipping and deletion/refund of an out of stock (I assume) item without communication leading me to assume it was a shipping overage refund and instead I opened the box to find no nifty t-shirt. OTOH, the AL40 I ordered from them was in great shape, dirt cheap, freshly O2 cleaned/hydro/vized, which is why I ordered in the first place. YMMV, but I've liked them so far.

I stay away from them too. Their website was not uploading so I emailed them. I wanted to buy Apeks regulators as I heard they were having a sale. I got a rather rude reply saying, "you should check our page before contacting us" like they were too busy and I was annoying them. I took my business elsewhere and was able to purchase the same XTX50 at a much lower price. I wont deal with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom