Apeks, redirectling the exhaust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the atx50 and a full beard and mustache but my mask (ocean master z2) does not fill up with water when I am vertical. I had a hard time finding a mask that would seal around my mustache. The ocean master is by far the best one I have tried I get some seapage but its really slow and when it builds up the mask's purge is top notch. The purge on the mask does not get pushed up into your nose when you have a reg in your mouth, which is a pleasent change from other masks I have used.

Scott M:
I will try to shave a little more each time to see if that helps. I have also heard a little vasoline or similar substance at the base of the mask may help.

Thanks

I wouldn't use vasoline or any other petroleum based product. The petroleum products will damage the silicone mask skirt.

Greg

Scott M:
I will try to shave a little more each time to see if that helps. I have also heard a little vasoline or similar substance at the base of the mask may help.

Thanks
It does work but is quite messy. I find that alot of different guys find different solutions work for them. It is all about finding what works and doing it.

I have an ATX 200 with ATX40 octo... I had no problem with this type or reg, I was very pleased with it from the moment I bought it. Vertical or horizontal is just good!!

StingRob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom